Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 09:08 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,672,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenap View Post
Same here. I've also heard about lilac / purple and got some eyeshadows at Ulta that I thought looked good. Only at home I realized that those colors also really bring out redness in my skin. I looked like I was an alcoholic with runny nose. Still don't understand why the person who helped me in store didn't talk me out of this.
Yeah, purples, whether cool lavenders, true purples, warm plums, make me look sallow and tired, even ill.

Quote:
I wear sparkly brown shades. Urban Decay has lots of nice colors. I had theirs Baked, Smug, YDK, and others. (Nude 2 palette is great.) My favorite right now is Buxom Minks. But it fades quickly, have to use a primer for it.
I don't like most shimmer, so I favor Too Faced Natural Matte.
Quote:
Actually some green shades work well for me too. I have MAC Sumptuous Olive. And most amazing one is Kate Von D Shapeshifter in On the Road. It kind of looks green or brown depending on the light. Really cool color.
Olive drab and green golds work well for me. Matte pine green liner,too, as my eyes are light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 09:18 PM

4,224 posts, read 4,479,917 times
All these seemingly lovely green eyed ladies have me in lyrical mood....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_i7PKdQJU4
No matter the generation green eyes are so enchanting and divine.Those cool and lipid green eyes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbAlu3krd4w

Old 12-29-2017, 04:54 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,613,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Pudding View Post
Hi all!
I'm wondering, for all you green-eyed people: what colors do you put on your eyes to make them pop?? I have green eyes on the darker side, with yellow flecks. I've heard purple is a good one, but I'm interested in branching out a tad more. I'd welcome any suggestions, brands, tips, what have you. Thanks a bunch
I've always heard that brown shadow is good for green eyes.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:57 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,074,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
All these seemingly lovely green eyed ladies have me in lyrical mood....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_i7PKdQJU4
No matter the generation green eyes are so enchanting and divine.Those cool and lipid green eyes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbAlu3krd4w
Lol! I actually prefer blue eyes... light blue, dark blue, grey-blue, any shade of blue - they are all nice.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:58 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,074,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I've always heard that brown shadow is good for green eyes.
It is, yes. It sort of brings the green colour out.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:52 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,637,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
It is, yes. It sort of brings the green colour out.
Except for brown color doesn't look good on me period. And it's a "no" for brown shades all together.
I'd think they work for the light green eyes, with darker green - not so much.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:15 PM

15,158 posts, read 27,854,532 times
It needs to be the right shade of brown - not brown/brown (if that makes sense?) - it needs to be more taupe, orange-toned, cinnamon, coppery, etc.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:06 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,402,779 times
My daughter is a green-eyed strawberry-blonde, and her eyeshadow of choice is best described as a shimmery rose-pink. It's not something I would have expected to flatter her coloring, but it looks amazing on her.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:39 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,637,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
My daughter is a green-eyed strawberry-blonde, and her eyeshadow of choice is best described as a shimmery rose-pink. It's not something I would have expected to flatter her coloring, but it looks amazing on her.

Which totally proves that it's not that much about eye color, but the rest of coloring - the skin tone and hair color!

I totally see how "shimmery rose-pink" would work with blond hair and green eyes ( lighter shade I'd guess?)

Old 01-07-2018, 07:56 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,402,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Which totally proves that it's not that much about eye color, but the rest of coloring - the skin tone and hair color!

I totally see how "shimmery rose-pink" would work with blond hair and green eyes ( lighter shade I'd guess?)
Her eyes are medium green with amber flecks and very unusual. The rest of us have either light blue or gray eyes, so we're not sure where she got the green. We tell her she's part-leprechaun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty