Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:05 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,349 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had either procedure done on their face? I have a red spot on the upper right bridge of my nose from a pair of ill-fitting glasses. With it so close to my eye, I'm hesitant to get anything done.

Also, I've been told that work in that area is quite uncomfortable, costly, and doesn't provide long term change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 10:54 PM

191 posts, read 560,201 times
No needles for me. I'll just use cover up.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:03 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Has anyone had either procedure done on their face? I have a red spot on the upper right bridge of my nose from a pair of ill-fitting glasses. With it so close to my eye, I'm hesitant to get anything done.

Also, I've been told that work in that area is quite uncomfortable, costly, and doesn't provide long term change.
I'm so glad you asked that. I've been wanting to know also.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:19 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
You'll love your results! And, I forget to mention the injections hurt a little more around the ankles and knees but well worth the short term discomfort.
How long before you saw results? Was it 8-10 weeks??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post

I think you can have it done on your face. Just call and ask, but I'm pretty sure they do it. You may have to deal with some visible bruising on your face, but it'll be worth it if it really bothers you now.

Any needle prick hurts, but it isn't anything you can't handle. I just kept telling myself, I gave birth to two kids, I can do this! LOL

I think insurance only covers varicose veins and only if they are causing you pain or medical issues. Insurance doesn't cover anything cosmetic like spider veins, but not 100 percent sure.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:07 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times
I have heard, that even after any procedure, that the chance is there they may (or may not) come back.
Any truth to it at all, that anyone knows of?

Old 03-28-2008, 10:59 AM

355 posts, read 990,695 times
Yes, I saw results within that time frame.....I think even sooner. But this was about ten years ago....so I can't remember exactly.

As far as them coming back, yes, some did return (I spent alot of time standing at work)....but I was living in FL and had tan legs so they weren't so noticable. Now that I'm up north and have lost my tan....they are showing and I'll need to get more injections. It's not a permanent solution. It's one that will take maintenance.

I have never had any on my face but I have heard that the laser works better on the face.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:36 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
I don't believe the old ones come back, I just think new ones develop!!

I guess it is just something that you have to keep doing every few years or so.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,590 times
I had the laser done and it felt like they were putting a match out on my leg. For anyone that has had both laser and saline does the saline hurt less? Cause the laser really hurt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty