Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 07:43 AM

322 posts, read 286,970 times

Advertisements

Do you find regular facials are helpful in having glowing and clear skin? I've tried to become more religious at getting regular facials but I find they don't help my skin as much. I did get a microdermabrasion however last year that was really nice and gave my skin a glow. However I believe you can only do microdermabrasion twice a year because it's so intensive and you could over exfoliate your skin. I'm going for one next week so I'm excited but curious what all of you think about facials?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 08:01 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,717,070 times
I have had several, not on regular base. I never found it helpful to be honest. I hardly ever saw major differences and the one time I did get them regular for 3 months because I had major acne, it really didn't help. The acne did go away eventually but I suspect its less to do with facial and more to do with time

so no I don't think regular facials make significant difference aside from relaxing you and getting some moisture in your skin

Old 09-05-2017, 09:39 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,267,991 times
I don't do facials where you just get lotions massaged in.

You can do microdermabrasion or dermaplaning a regular basis. They mildly exfoliate and remove the superficial layer of dry, dead skin cells. Dermaplaning gets rid of facial hair too which is a perk. In between treatments use an AHA or BHA. I rather do one of these than a regular facial.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:02 AM

13,287 posts, read 8,478,589 times
Cannot stress enough, water, hydrate, cleanse! Then a mild moisture lotion.
Beyond that, you are simply buying into the product hypes that do primarily the same as an at home routine.
I enjoy my home made facial scrub.. Olive oil, brown sugar, Epsom salt.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:23 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,919,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Cannot stress enough, water, hydrate, cleanse! Then a mild moisture lotion.
Beyond that, you are simply buying into the product hypes that do primarily the same as an at home routine.
I enjoy my home made facial scrub.. Olive oil, brown sugar, Epsom salt.
My skin has never looked better than this year when I added extra steps to my skin care routine. I started doing a "korean skin care routine" with 7 or so steps.

I double cleanse with an oil cleanser and a gentle cleanser. I use a 1x a week exfoliating mask.

I use a thin brightening lotion (to maintain evenness), an oil based serum with antioxidants, eye cream. And follow that with sunscreen. I ocassionally add in another light lotion (so called essence) before the sunscreen.

My skin looks really even, feels soft and glows. This also helped with my ocassional dullness. And also the dry spots are banished with the myriad forms of moisture. I have had a few lingering dry areas since I was a teen.

I have found that vitamin c and other antioxidant serums are really effective as a regular treatment. And you can fave a glow by adding highlighter to your lotion. That works well too.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:48 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,344,095 times
I've had a few facials - never found they did much. There are so many products these days that we can do ourselves that I wouldn't spend the money on them.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:11 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,366,403 times
I'd just do it on my own. Much cheaper that way

Old 09-07-2017, 09:39 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,991,966 times
In my 30's when I had disposable income and single I treated myself to monthly European facials. My skin was beautiful, with improved pores and supple skin.
In my 40's I bought into a skin program which included micro dermabrasions and chemical peels every 4 months every other year. My skin was incredibly smooth, even colored, and tight.
Now in my 50's I don't do any of the above anymore.
I use Paulas choice skin products.
Includes salyisic (sp) acid, moisture masks, vitamin C serum, and occasionally retinol.
An occasional honey or mud mask with coconut oil I add once a month.
My skin looks fantastic. Genetics help.

I haven't done a professional facial in years. I feel there are plenty of products available to us now, to achieve the same result.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:48 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,267,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
In my 30's when I had disposable income and single I treated myself to monthly European facials. My skin was beautiful, with improved pores and supple skin.
In my 40's I bought into a skin program which included micro dermabrasions and chemical peels every 4 months every other year. My skin was incredibly smooth, even colored, and tight.
Now in my 50's I don't do any of the above anymore.
I use Paulas choice skin products.
Includes salyisic (sp) acid, moisture masks, vitamin C serum, and occasionally retinol.
An occasional honey or mud mask with coconut oil I add once a month.
My skin looks fantastic. Genetics help.

I haven't done a professional facial in years. I feel there are plenty of products available to us now, to achieve the same result.

Paula's product line is the best. I've been using it forever

Old 09-07-2017, 07:26 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,991,966 times
It is!! I can't believe I didn't know about this sooner!!!
What products do you use Dltordj?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty