Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 07:22 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,719,160 times

Advertisements

I have few ~ 10 purse but my go to purse right now is Fossil crossbody. Its black, nothing too fancy, blends in well & I wear it all the time. Before I thought it was because my other purse are stored away (not something I can easily grab and go). SO I pulled 5 purse out to try to use different purse for different events. BUT NOPE I still use the same purse. Sometimes I go to parties with it. I have to make effort to use my other once.

HOW DO YOU LADIES ENSURE YOU USE ALL YOUR PURSES?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 07:41 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,917,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I have few ~ 10 purse but my go to purse right now is Fossil crossbody. Its black, nothing too fancy, blends in well & I wear it all the time. Before I thought it was because my other purse are stored away (not something I can easily grab and go). SO I pulled 5 purse out to try to use different purse for different events. BUT NOPE I still use the same purse. Sometimes I go to parties with it. I have to make effort to use my other once.

I don't use all of mine. Some I just like to have. I probably have ten black ones, six brown, three silver, two straw, several multi color. (Okay, I really have more than that) Some I don't use because the lining is kind of floppy and I need to be able to find my medications in my purse right away. I have one that my husband can't stand. He complains every time he sees it. I use it when he's been getting on my nerves.

One of my daughters likes small, well-made leather purses and I've given her a bunch. It's a way of getting rid of some without having them go too far away.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:01 AM

214 posts, read 181,047 times
I have a few Coach, Michael Kors and Dooney. All leather ones.

I love my handbags!!

My colors I have are saddle, gray, a wine/reddish color and a nude colored one.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:43 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,934,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post

I don't. I am slowly starting to purge to focus on a well-edited collection. So I have a list of the key types. I am looking for good examples of the staples for me. And will slowly whittle to fewer.

I have toned down my purse purchasing significantly.

But I do have one the way. It is pegged to be the cocktail party wedding bag.
Hopefully a little bigger, dressier and more interesting that he other purse I had to fit that bill.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:54 AM

459 posts, read 1,746,078 times
I used to buy a metric ton of purses.. but I have really toned down my collection as I've grown a bit older (I'm 28).

I have three routine purses that I use:

1. MK Crossbody - traditional black leather. It serves as my weekend outing, casual type handbag.
2. MK medium size tote - traditional black leather. It looks a lot like my crossbody, but more of a traditional handbag to where I can hold a full size wallet, etc.
3. LV Neverfull in Damier Ebene (brown) - has become my weekday work bag as it can fit my laptop and everything under the sun in it, but I have heavily used it since purchasing it and I haven't brought out my MK in a while. I did get a full size wallet to go with this one.

Granted.. I'm a bit addicted to the LV now that I've gotten one and I researched for months before getting my Neverfull. I looked at every brand other the sun and it came down to the Hermes Garden Party and the Neverfull. Neverfull, although very popular, was a bit of a no-brainer for half the price of the GP (I was looking at the 36 in a negonda leather).

I'm already looking for my second LV. I want to keep my purse collection small, but try to keep each in my collection for a very concerted purpose based on what purses I've traditionally heavily carried. So next on my list is a more long-term crossbody. I'm looking at the Pochette Metis, but I will likely get it in a red/black solid color to be a bit more understated than the traditional LV patterns.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:43 AM

9,887 posts, read 14,166,766 times
I carry a bag for about a year, and then I "retire" it to my closet, awaiting the next local charity auction of slightly used bags.

Currently carrying a Stella McCartney Fallabella....

In the closet for donation are a couple of MZ Wallace's, a MILLY, and a Ted Baker.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:12 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,781,782 times
I have ONE handbag. It is bright coral. I have it to carry my GPS, my phone, and my e-reader. Got it on sale for $30. I will carry it until a strap breaks or it becomes somehow otherwise unusable.

My favorite purse I have ever had was shaped like a giant tropical fish. It was orange and purple. I never had to worry about walking off and leaving it, because someone would always notice and immediately chase me down with it. If I could find another, that is what I would be carrying.

See me not care if it "goes" with my "outfit", LOL!

Old 08-25-2017, 11:51 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,139,502 times
I have less than twenty hand bags but several of them are really old and about half are more than ten years old. I haven't bought a new handbag in several years.

I have a bunch of clutches my favorites being Hobo, Kooba, Goldenbleu, and most recently, Rebecca Minkoff.

I have two of my grandmother's Hermes bags.

The others are Chloe, Gucci, Prada, and Marc Jacobs.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:37 PM

1,235 posts, read 734,054 times
Rebecca Minkoff is the brand I'm buying most of lately. My first mini mac was a gift from my son. I've purchased the others on my own. I have a beautiful burgundy Perry Mini Satchel w/cross body straps. All of a sudden I've gone satchel crazy. Never liked them until about three years ago when I bought the Dooney. Also a mini satchel Reagan w/crossbody. I use this one regularly lately.

Here is the Mini Perry Satchel that I have in a soft burgundy leather. Some have Saffiano (not ever buying that)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um3LeRsTgQI

Old 08-25-2017, 04:58 PM

6,605 posts, read 5,008,846 times
I have exactly 2, both from Overland and they are only used if I'm going somewhere and need to carry more than I have pockets for. Like at a concert, if I'm bringing my small camera and a bottle of water. Or if I'm going to a seminar and bringing my iPad (a bag also works) I think mine are both Donners (small and large version). The small one I bought specifically for when I raced bikes and all my electronic gear went in it. It's bright orange so pretty easy to find in a dark trunk! The larger one fits my iPad.

I do have BAGS though, but again I don't use them daily unless I am staying over night somewhere.

Thanks for the mention of Hobo wallets though, I am always looking for something to replace my hard to find little Buxton zip wallets with key chains! (that's what I consider a purse - any bigger and it just gets filled with useless junk!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty