Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 05:09 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,482,937 times

Advertisements

Always stylish when going out, usually including heels (low or high, depending on the occasion/outfit). In general, no matter how dressed up I am, I feel comfortable. The only time I feel uncomfortable is when wearing stilettos--but these days I rarely wear them.

At home, comfort is the most important thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 05:39 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times
I'm not very stylish. Only on special occasions.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:11 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,277,583 times
In warm weather, I wear mostly dresses. Some people may think that I wear them to be stylish. The truth is, they are REALLY comfortable. When the weather gets cold, my blue jeans come out and they are not as comfortable as my dresses are. And if I'm not going anywhere, I will wear my dresses around the house.

Cat

Old 06-26-2017, 06:16 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,882 times
I used to be so stylish. I'm tellin' ya. I really put forth a lot of effort. And now I am lucky if I don't have paint on my clothing. I always joke with my husband, "Hey, Mister! Lookit my sexxxxy braaaa!" And it's this ratty looking sports bra that's so comfy but looks like crapola.

When I HAVE to go out and look presentable, I usually go for a mix of stylishly comfy. If I'm uncomfortable, I just end up fidgeting like an idjit.

If you saw what I looked like while working at home (I'm an artist) you'd think I was a crazy clown person.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:50 PM

437 posts, read 336,067 times
Easy one. Lounging around home = nearly always for comfort. Going out, except for work, = nearly always for style.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:31 PM

105 posts, read 53,007 times
Comfy. For many years I had to wear at suit at work. Now? I wear what I want, and the heck with anyone who feels put out by it. I don't care. I'm clean, and clothes fit. That's all that is needed.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:47 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,021,359 times
A little bit of both. I work from home, so during the day, comfort is a priority. For one thing, I'm not going out for most of the day (or if I do, it's a quick run to the convenience store or post office or something in a tiny town where I won't be seeing many people), so what's the point? I also don't spend as much on my wardrobe these days BECAUSE I work from home, so I like to keep my "nice clothes" for going out. I also sit at my desk for 10+ hours a day, so I want to be comfortable and don't want pants and such constricting me. Bracelets get on my nerves because they bang on my desk or get in the way. I've never been a huge fan of necklaces because they get on my nerves being around my neck, even if they're loose/long, although I will wear a nice statement necklace when I'm going out on the town.

Soooo...my usual outfit for most of the year is to wear leggings and a cami in a fun color with some cute dangly earrings. Usually a messy bun so that my hair is out of my face and so that I don't have to worry about styling it (my hair is very long). I feel "dressed" but am comfortable and don't have constricting clothing binding me when I'm sitting at my desk. If I have to run out, I slip on a pair of cute flats and throw on a cute long cardigan/kimono-type thing (I have a few in different colors), and I feel cute enough for most things. I do usually wear makeup every day, although I just do foundation, eyeliner, mascara, blush and lipstick. I don't usually mess with eyeshadow much for regular weekdays unless I just feel like doing it for some reason, and I only bother with contouring and such when I'm going out.

In the summer, I usually just put on a cute, loose cotton dress. Same makeup and messy bun. I'll wear flip flops or cute but comfortable sandals in that case.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:03 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,304,488 times
My work clothes are pretty comfy and with the new straight leg trend I can choose to wear heels or flats depending on whether I'm going somewhere after work. I lay out my clothes the night before including jewelry so I don't have to fumble around in the morning trying to figure out what to wear. Thankfully I don't work in a corporate environment but I still want to look semi professional.

That being said I do change into very comfortable clothes when I get home, usually a sundress or shorts and a tank top.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:25 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times
in my 20's, 30's and into my middle 40's.... stylish, definitely!!

now.... comfort above all.... although I do wear polo shirts with my shorts at work.....

Old 06-27-2017, 08:28 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,312,500 times
I try to only buy clothes that are comfortable and look great. Both. I'm not driven by popular style trends, though. I'm a bit old for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty