Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 06:13 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,633,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
An apricot one by Jason has been the last one I used that was good for a while. I also used a lavender essential oil spray.
I saw the Jason apricot last night. It smelled great. Since there are four of us trying this test, we went with solids, which are easier to divide. Sprays would certainly be a consideration for later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 06:18 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,361,308 times
Let us know - I'm curious. When I had my breast cancer they took out quite a few lymph nodes and the weird thing is I never sweat under my arms anymore. No odor either. However that is kind of a drastic way to avoid wearing deodorant. :-)

Old 06-23-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Let us know - I'm curious. When I had my breast cancer they took out quite a few lymph nodes and the weird thing is I never sweat under my arms anymore. No odor either. However that is kind of a drastic way to avoid wearing deodorant. :-)
Yeah, that's drastic! Wow! Hope you're okay now!

Old 06-23-2017, 09:20 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,944,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
I saw the Jason apricot last night. It smelled great. Since there are four of us trying this test, we went with solids, which are easier to divide. Sprays would certainly be a consideration for later.
The Jason one didn't work for me. Another in my graveyard of natural deodorants. But only Dovr and Secret work for me as regular deodorants. All other brands fail.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:49 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,461,001 times
I have gone natural with just about everything, but deodorant is the one thing I can't make the switch on. I've tried, I want to, but every single one I've tried doesn't work. And I've tried pretty much everything. It doesn't help that I live in Texas, where the heat index today will be 112 (103 actual temp).

I wish I could be more help, but I don't think there is a natural deodorant that works as well as the typical commercial stuff.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:26 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,759,699 times
Honestly, none of the natural deodorants work! If you don't want to smell use a real one. Period.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:33 PM

Yes, it's very possible that none of the natural ones will work. I'm leaving open that possibility.

This morning, I put the Schmidt's under one arm and the Desert Essence under the other and spend the morning outside with a co-worker at the booth. She used Schmidt's and Kiss My Face.

At noon, we did a "smell check" and got an opinion from someone else, who said we were both fine. I think the Desert Essence quit for me after about two hours because I can detect some BO on the right side, but not the left. My co-worker smells fine to me. She says she hasn't noticed a difference, yet.

But I'll write up our findings more fully in a few days.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:51 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,374,596 times
I like that you are testing and updating for us, OP.

Your thread did inspire me to start using CertainDri again. Ha.

I know a bunch of people who don't need to use deodorant and they are all men. I bet more research could go into body chemistry/microorganisms/etc. to see the differences.

Old 06-23-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I know a bunch of people who don't need to use deodorant and they are all men. I bet more research could go into body chemistry/microorganisms/etc. to see the differences.
I'm sure there's a lot of research that could be done, and this is hardy a scientific study. I suspect we're going to get widely differing results, but -- why not try it? I wouldn't have wanted to buy four products by myself.

Old 06-23-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I'm not sure what the users gender has to do with the discussion. We are fast approaching a genderless future in the real world but online I still see 'womancentric' and 'mancentric' discussions and... I don't know, besides the reproductive anatomy, how are men that much different from women? Still, the little last century (sexist) biology I know, says that a woman should actually get better results from natural (less effective) deodorant products than men do.
You're absolutely right! I put "women" in the title because in the world of commercial deodorants there is still "men's" and "women's" scents -- you'll see that in the drugstores. "Women's" scents tend to be more floral smelling.

Obviously, BO is a problem for both men and women, and if I had thought about it further, I would've used a different title. Certainly, in the organic deodorants, there's no specific gender marketing.

Sorry if I gave any offense! It wasn't my intention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty