Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 02:23 PM

102,409 posts, read 108,764,361 times

Advertisements

I didn't know target was a place people shopped for clothing. The Target in my town is about 90% or more household goods, with only a small clothing section. More like a small corner. TJ Maxx is where the locals seem to go for cute, inexpensive clothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 03:29 PM

10,218 posts, read 7,661,464 times
I love Target, too. I had to buy a new purse in an emergency, so my first go-to place to buy a cute purse at low cost was Target. To replace my prior Target purse (that I got lots of compliments on). I got a cute low cost purse that I love.

I got quite a few 100% cotton cardigans for work in gorgeous colors. I have a lot of Merona clothing items...jeans, tops.

Mix Target items with pricier items, and the whole outfit will look high end. As nice as anything I could've gotten at Macy's only lower cost.

Target also has a great pet food & treat section. A much larger selection than any other discount place, at low cost.

I got my favorite casual jacket at Target a few years ago. A barn coat...darkish green w/navy cord collar and turned up cuffs. Awesome jacket at low cost.

I get household items, though, at WalMart. Cleaners, doodads, some groceries, etc. Bigger selection at better prices. Target's food section is more of a convenience, rather than a full stop grocery place.

But I've saved a ton of money over the years by buying clothing and accessories at Target, rather than at Macy's and other department stores. WalMart doesn't compete with this standard. It's not intended to. No one would guess I bought that clothing at Target.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:37 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,838,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I didn't know target was a place people shopped for clothing. The Target in my town is about 90% or more household goods, with only a small clothing section. More like a small corner. TJ Maxx is where the locals seem to go for cute, inexpensive clothing.
Seriously?

Here, they are at least half attire and shoes and accessories. At least. This is true of every one I've ever been in.

Old 05-14-2017, 02:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,033,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Target has gotten so expensive I don't shop there anymore. It's an overpriced Walmart, in Texas at least.
Walmart isn't an option for me. I'd pass 4 targets by the time I drove the 12-30 miles to Walmart! And I am not exaggerating. We don't have many Walmarts in the Bay Area. And definitely not. Y part. I went to Walmart this weekend while visiting my parents in a lower code more rural/suburban part of the state. I was amazed at the crazy packaged foods.

Clothes at Walmart are ugly! I have only gotten a few things Walmart over the years. They didn't last and were much lower quality than the Target equivalent she. When I lived near a Walmart I'd try to get some basic tees and tanks; they lost shape instantly!

Old 05-14-2017, 02:54 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,729,837 times
Their children's clothing is too tempting for me.

Old 05-14-2017, 03:27 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,286,229 times
Target's clothing, housewares, cleanliness everything is a lot better than Walmart.

I can't stand it when my husband drags me to a Walmart. At least at Target I don't have to stop in front of the store to have my receipt checked like a criminal. If you need to buy razors, some feminine products you have to call someone to unlock a cabinet. Makeup and certain beauty products have to purchased in that area. Oh and the last time we went to a Walmart they asked for both of our I.d.'s. for a bottle of alcohol. We're almost 40 and while I look good for my age you wouldn't mistake me for being under 21 and my husband looks older than 40. What if I didn't have my purse? If it was just me and my 11 year old would they ask her for I.D. which she doesn't have and then tell me I couldn't purchase alcohol? Walmart is beyond ridiculous anymore.

Dear diary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty