Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 01:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,937,745 times

Advertisements

I have found tge extra steps, particularly around lots of layers of moisturizing, seem to have made be biggest impact. This week I was pretty lazy about night time washing. And it was an ok skin week but not awesome. I also did not get a lot of sleep.

Last night I was extra diligent about washing my face since I put on makeup. And I did a moisture mask and moisture cream and all of the glow returned. And the smoothness. My skin is extra smooth with all the extra effort and the softness lasts all day until bedtime. Usually somewhere in the early evening my skin is a bit dry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 09:53 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,937,745 times
Now that it is 3 months in, give or take, I thought I'd update with some results. While I did have intention of washing nightly, it has been a rare feat for me. Maybe 1-2x a week. I amended my am routine to add additional steps.

The results: my skin is way more even, more youthful and a lot smoother throughout the entire day. No more dryness (unless I miss the new routine for a few days. I need to figure out a travel kit, my skin looked crappy (in comparison with the pared down travel routine).

Here is what is working for me:
Weekly: weekly facial peel, brightening overnight mask
A few times a week: AHA toner, moisturizing overnight mask, essence layer (a light moisturizer), vitamin c serum in targeted areas, rose mask
Daily: oil cleanse, foaming cleanser, double lotion, oil based serum, eye cream, sunscreen

In the morning I have 6 steps. When I was at night it is more like 7 or 8 depending on what my skin feels like after the wash and other products. I might add on another layer of moisturizer.

I still have some dark spots on my chin, but they look way better. I haven't felt like bothering with any foundation or skin makeup when going out at all - even on a dress up day. It is a shame because I just bought a new powder - haven't even opened the box!

Old 06-02-2017, 01:10 AM

32 posts, read 31,210 times
I agree with you. Their diet, along with their environment and skincare routine makes for a pretty excellent combination.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:40 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,516,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Have you tried any products?
I got a couple Skinfood products from Ulta - their peach sake toner, and rice brightening face scrub. They're nice, but I haven't used them much because I'm lazy and don't usually do much besides wash my face (if that).

Quote:
While I did have intention of washing nightly, it has been a rare feat for me. Maybe 1-2x a week. I amended my am routine to add additional steps.

I haven't felt like bothering with any foundation or skin makeup when going out at all - even on a dress up day. It is a shame because I just bought a new powder - haven't even opened the box!
Haha...yeah I'm lazy too, and mainly wash in the daytime (if that). I also got a night cream from DermaE too, so I need to wash my face at night sometime so I can use it. I also wanted to try a 'sleeping mask' from Pacifica.

I don't usually wear makeup either. I just got a bareminerals kit (which I used to wear), because it was on sale, but I'm not sure if I should keep it or not, since I usually don't wear anything.

Quote:
Eye cream and brightening serum (or other daily product) is an open slot in my routine becaus my fave serum was discontinued.
I got a brightening serum from Andalou Naturals - turmeric + C, at Ulta. I also got their probiotic + c brightening renwal cream, which is really nice. Again, I only used them a couple times, but they seemed nice and good quality. They also had an eye serum that I wanted, but it was b1g1, so I had to stick to two.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:22 AM

3,457 posts, read 1,459,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveADrink View Post
I agree with you. Their diet, along with their environment and skincare routine makes for a pretty excellent combination.
Add all the facial treatments and plastic surgery. They get a lot of work done in Korea.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:21 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,514,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Add all the facial treatments and plastic surgery. They get a lot of work done in Korea.
yes! I work with a number of Koreans (here in the US) and I recently traveled to Korea for work. I was shocked at the availability of treatments and surgery options available ... in our hotel (and everywhere else I turned around). My Korean coworkers mentioned that students are often given facial treatments or plastic surgery as gifts for graduation, and one of my coworkers has regular treatments done to lighten skin and eliminate "unsightly" freckles. I'm sure I looked like a large (tall and not stick thin), ugly (freckles and not smooth hair), big-footed (size 10- gasp!) American women while in Korea. I was really surprised by all the emphasis on physical beauty there (particularly coming from a city in the US known for having a much more "natural" look). It feels like a lot of pressure. But I really don't think I saw any truly ugly people there.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:47 AM

695 posts, read 717,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
yes! I work with a number of Koreans (here in the US) and I recently traveled to Korea for work. I was shocked at the availability of treatments and surgery options available ... in our hotel (and everywhere else I turned around). My Korean coworkers mentioned that students are often given facial treatments or plastic surgery as gifts for graduation, and one of my coworkers has regular treatments done to lighten skin and eliminate "unsightly" freckles. I'm sure I looked like a large (tall and not stick thin), ugly (freckles and not smooth hair), big-footed (size 10- gasp!) American women while in Korea. I was really surprised by all the emphasis on physical beauty there (particularly coming from a city in the US known for having a much more "natural" look). It feels like a lot of pressure. But I really don't think I saw any truly ugly people there.
NO ONE is better looking without freckles. Freckles are the best beauty asset a woman can have!

Old 07-02-2017, 12:46 AM

219 posts, read 163,396 times
I have noticed an increase in Korean skincare products being advertised. I have tried some Korean face masks but I cannot remember the names for the life of me. I know I've tried the bubble carbonation piggy mask if that's one! Mainly I stick to Skindinavia and Caudalie from B-Glowing for my skincare needs though.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:57 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,786,773 times
I just cleanse with a simple Neutrogena cleanser and use Argan oil to moisturize. My skin reacts best to a simple skincare routine and a clean diet. I don't even do clay masks/charcoal masks anymore even though I probably should. I have an extractor and I use it when there's a nasty blackhead but that's about it.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:49 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,791,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Z View Post
NO ONE is better looking without freckles. Freckles are the best beauty asset a woman can have!
Agree. A friend of mine has freckles and she hates them. I don't know why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty