Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2017, 01:58 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,744,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my95tsi View Post
It has to do with proving their masculinity. In this day and age, where feminism is so rampant and the media makes men look like wimps, what other choice do they have?

Building muscle takes a lot of work, time and effort, and genetics play a huge role. Acquiring riches takes lots of work and is out of reach for most people. The quickest way to show your masculinity is to grow a beard. Deep down, whether they want to admit it or not, these guys are afraid of not looking masculine, looking too metrosexual, too feminine, too pedicured, etc.
some bad language but yea......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD-E2B5GfI8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 02:00 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,744,174 times
and another opinion....

Cool or Fool? The history and current state of the

Old 02-21-2017, 02:07 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,923,742 times
I've read the entire thread and, boy, people sure have opinions! lol Personally, I have nothing against beards but like them more if they are shorter and kept neatly trimmed.

Working with the public I see it every day, more and more guys having beards. But if you've checked the price of razors lately I think that might be a clue! They are so expensive now that people try to steal them so my company has put asset protection devices on the packaging. They'll set the buzzer off at the door if not taken off and they aren't easy to take off either.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:38 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,356,163 times
I think it's interesting and ironic (paradoxical?) how much women want to police men's appearance. Men's desire to police other men's appearance is odd but not so ironic/paradoxical.

I'm thinking that men and women who don't like beards should probably not grow one. Do I misunderstand the concern?

Old 02-23-2017, 09:16 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,308,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay, that is all your opinion which usually matters to only you.
How about you tend to your whiskers and stay out of someone else's whiskers?
good one......I like beards....the bushier and bigger the better.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:54 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,665 posts, read 81,437,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I've read the entire thread and, boy, people sure have opinions! lol Personally, I have nothing against beards but like them more if they are shorter and kept neatly trimmed.

Working with the public I see it every day, more and more guys having beards. But if you've checked the price of razors lately I think that might be a clue! They are so expensive now that people try to steal them so my company has put asset protection devices on the packaging. They'll set the buzzer off at the door if not taken off and they aren't easy to take off either.
People get sucked up by the latest TV commercials and way overspend on razors. I only use one to trim the neck and cheeks around my beard, but I get 60 disposables for just $19.95 at Costco. They work well, last for 5-6 shaves and I don't usually bother on the weekends, so that pack lasts close to a year.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:38 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,001,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If younger guys are growing beards, I hadn't even noticed. But then, I don't spend much time looking at guys.
It mostly hipsters that is why you don't noticed it.

It more common in Los Angeles and San Francisco than the south. It more common among urban crowd than the suburb crowd.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:16 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,127,157 times
Almost every gay guy seems to have a beard. Ever notice that?

Old 02-26-2017, 07:30 PM

247 posts, read 198,589 times
I don't want men telling me what to do with my body hair, so why do some women feel it's ok to do the same to men? It is how their hair grows naturally. I enjoy some beard styles much more than others. It can really change one's appearance like makeup can for women and can be very flattering to a man's face imo.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:51 PM

219 posts, read 163,300 times
Some beards look ok on some, some not so much. But if they want a beard I don't see who we are to judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty