Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 09:27 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,750,073 times

Advertisements

If it's the same brand, it's the same. Doesn't matter where you but it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 01:35 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,016,479 times
Although several dept stores may carry the same line of clothing, the pieces are no doubt different, so they don't directly compete with each other. Higher end stores would carry more pricey items, which may be better quality, in some way.

As an aside: Cole Haan does have an outlet store, as well. You may have seen 20/20 news pieces about clothing being made for those outlets being of lesser grade fabric, detailing, accessories (like buttons or embellishments), styling, finishing, etc. However, it doesn't mean it's inferior clothing & may be excellent for many. But, they're a lesser grade clothing line, in some way, made especially for outlets at outlet prices.

Does that mean clothing in L&T would be better grade than Macy's, if the prices differ? I don't know. If it's double, as you say, it's unlikely the same coat, but you could only tell in person. But, it could/would probably be different (even if only slightly different in design). Take pics of the inside label & tags & items at each store, before visiting another.

Basically, you've got to visit both stores & compare. And, if you're near a CH outlet store... you can call & ask if they carry the kind of coat you're looking for... also, ask them your q. They may know their own line better than others, or they might just be seasonal help & not know. That's why I said to be prepared with pics. Then, if you have time, search online & you may find the exact item at a savings, with free shipping & just have to pay a few $s more for wrapping.

Good luck. Let us know how you made out. I'm sure others would be interested.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:41 AM

4,726 posts, read 4,432,782 times
Just going to mention that I have seen Cole Haan at TJMaxx and MArshall's. Obviously can't be sure you will find what you want in the color/size you want there but it's worth a look-see.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:41 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,812,200 times
I say neither too. I bought a beautiful Columbia jacket that retails for over $200 and that's at the Columbia outlet store. I paid $80 dollars. I also bought a Canadian Weather Gear triple down jacket for around the same price. I had to go to three Burlington Coat Factories to find it but I'm glad I did. The coat is amazing and I love that Columbia on the ice rink. I do my best to hunt for deals and it's very difficult to do that at expensive retail stores.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:29 AM

5,135 posts, read 4,492,914 times
Actually, L&T has some excellent sales prices. But you have to wait for them. Obviously, if you're shopping for Christmas, you won't get the lowest prices.

However if you can wait, then you will find some fantastic deals. L&T always has a huge inventory. When the clothes don't move quickly enough, they have sales. Their sales are wonderful, especially the end-of-season sales--like 70-80% off, plus discount coupons.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:04 PM

230 posts, read 173,604 times
I'm a Macys girl

Old 12-18-2016, 01:45 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,247,380 times
As others said, it may be the same brand but that doesn't mean it's the same quality. Brands make different levels. The only way to really tell is to go look at both of the coats in person and see if there is a difference that matters enough to you to pay the higher price. If not, buy the lower priced one. Differences may include the fabric, the finishing details (stitching, quality of the zipper), buttons and other trim, the type of fill, the lining, and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty