Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 03:52 PM

7,340 posts, read 12,442,241 times

Advertisements

Typically, in the fashion world, there are two major seasons - Spring and Fall. Of the two, which do you typically look more forward to?

I typically look more forward to the Spring lineups than I do to the Fall lineups, and anyone can take a wild guess why. I actually recently bought two new IZOD Advantage Polo shirts with feeder stripes (in Fairy Tale Pink and Mazarine Blue), and after buying them, I just found out they are in fact part of IZOD's Spring 2017 lineup by looking at the inner tag on the side. This could be a sign of things to come as more of the Spring 2017 lineup rolls in.

Still, there are a few Fall lineup items that I buy on occasion from IZOD, mostly fleece sweatshirts (some in my signature color). In addition to the main reason why I look forward to the Spring lineups more than the Fall lineups, since I live in Arizona I really don't have much use for a lot of Fall lineup clothing since typically Fall lineups are for colder weather (I live in Arizona after all, and I don't really need a lot of cold weather clothing except for some sweatshirts).

Which fashion season do you typically look forward more to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 04:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,025,929 times
Fall. I like the more saturated hues of fall and they look better on me. I tend to like spring shapes. Our weather in fall and spring is similar so that doesn't make a huge difference. It is a,ways chilly at night in the Bay Area year round. In spring and summer the temperature range in day us more than fall. Spring and fall lows are generally the same though fall can bring some extra chilly days.

Old 12-10-2016, 04:17 PM

7,340 posts, read 12,442,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Fall. I like the more saturated hues of fall and they look better on me. I tend to like spring shapes. Our weather in fall and spring is similar so that doesn't make a huge difference. It is a,ways chilly at night in the Bay Area year round. In spring and summer the temperature range in day us more than fall. Spring and fall lows are generally the same though fall can bring some extra chilly days.
Note that when it comes to fashion companies, the Spring fashion season also usually encompasses summer, and the Fall fashion season also usually encompasses winter. Occasionally some items may be added to the collections mid-cycle (especially in the Fall lineup for the holiday season), but very rarely do fashion companies introduce entirely new collections for summer and/or winter. Therefore usually the warm weather clothing is usually included with the Spring collection, while the cold weather clothing is usually included with the Fall collection.

Old 12-10-2016, 05:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,025,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Note that when it comes to fashion companies, the Spring fashion season also usually encompasses summer, and the Fall fashion season also usually encompasses winter. Occasionally some items may be added to the collections mid-cycle (especially in the Fall lineup for the holiday season), but very rarely do fashion companies introduce entirely new collections for summer and/or winter. Therefore usually the warm weather clothing is usually included with the Spring collection, while the cold weather clothing is usually included with the Fall collection.
I live in Oakland. It rarely gets over 75 at any point during the year. The lows are 50s almost year round except for a few chilly nights in December. December can be weird and highs can range from low 50s to high 60s. The lows are generally upper 40s to low 50s. With maybe 1-2 nights that get in the 30s.

No need for summer clothing. Other than maybe 1-2 weeks out of the year when it goes above 75.

The only special thing that happens in spring / summer is that I swap my closed toe shoes for open toed ones sometimes. .i wear the same stuff almost all year, just rotating in sweater dresses and tights in the winter, and slightly lighter cardigans in spring and summer.

(I work in San Francisco where it rarely even gets to 70. And the evening lows are a few degrees higher than Oakland in the winter. The daytime highs in winter are the same. Fall is the same or a few degrees cooler. Spring is cooler. And the days when Oakland is over 75, SF is maybe 75. It might hit 80 2x a year.)

Old 12-10-2016, 06:58 PM

2,643 posts, read 4,076,766 times
I like Spring for varieties: shorts, capri's, sundresses, skirts, shirts/blouses, and sandals. Various hues of pink, orange, red and yellow; lighter blues and greens. I can mix and match more items and create a different look.

I like Fall for classics: ponchos/shawls, sweaters/fleece, flannel, tunics, leggings, boots. Hues are less varied—grey, black, brown, and purple; darker blues and greens. Accessories are basic browns and blacks.

I get more use out of my fall wardrobe since it's colder in the Northeast. There's also the nostalgia for the holidays with the start of fall. However, I get more excited for spring when it does come, and feeling I still have the rest of the year ahead of me.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:41 AM

15,234 posts, read 10,426,439 times
I always preferred the fall/winter season probably because I grew up in Florida where we had the same warm weather clothes all year. When I moved to Long Island I had so much fun with all the beautiful cold weather clothing. The fabrics and colors are richer, spring/summer is too pastel for me most of the time. I love rich, deep colors like hunter green, burgundy, certain deep shades of blue and purple and red which is my favorite color for clothing.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:10 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,731,836 times
Fall/winter. I love layering & in Midwest its cold most of the year. Plus I dont have great body so dressing in summer with minimal clothes can be challenging for me. I like hiding in my sweater plus the fall color

Old 12-11-2016, 08:39 AM

13,753 posts, read 13,421,458 times
Fall. I've always loved fall. Partly because my birthday is in the fall. Also, I like layering. I'm upper 50's but I'll never forget the excitement of buying a couple of new "school clothes" outfits.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:42 AM

29,804 posts, read 34,628,000 times
Fall. I prefer the colors and the silhouettes and the potential for layering.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:45 AM

1,406 posts, read 2,730,761 times
Fall. Because I'm overweight and I can cover up while still trying to be somewhat fashionable. Plus I sweat less
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty