Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 07:02 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,414 times

Advertisements

I might recall outfits I used to wear, or lament I can no longer wear certain clothes because or wear and tear or "outgrowing them", but it's short-lived, since I have good reason when I had to let go of things; and since I still have (too many) other items to wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 08:18 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
I've always become attached to certain garments that appeal to me. Nowadays when I find something (jeans, sweater, dress) that I absolutely adore I buy two. One to wear now, and one to enjoy later on.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:49 AM

322 posts, read 280,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Since it is the holiday season, I remember a red plaid dress I had. It had an asymmetrical closure, was a relaxed fit that I think would still fit me, and I wore it for a lot of Christmases. It was cute. Why did I get rid of it? I don't know.

I once went shopping in downtown Chicago, at Bloomingdales. I bought an Eileen Fisher outfit. As you may know, her clothes are timeless and I have other clothes of hers that I have worn for 15 years. I no longer have this outfit and I don't know why.

Do you miss something that you gave away?
Yes.

In fact, I STILL look for those black stuart weitzman boots with stilleto heels. Been four years now?

Old 12-11-2016, 10:16 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySam16 View Post
Yes.

In fact, I STILL look for those black stuart weitzman boots with stilleto heels. Been four years now?

There's a few here...

stuart weitzman boots with stilleto heels in Boots | eBay

Old 12-11-2016, 10:22 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,072,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
All.The.Time.
I also mourn the bod that I once had that used to fit into those outfits.

Yes!!! lol

Old 12-14-2016, 02:26 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No, clothing is a tangible item that can be replaced easily and I do not get emotionally attached to clothing.
Yes but some clothes were more special, I see what the OP meant,I had some dresses when a child that I loved and can still see in my mind, but one of my favourite dresses when a teenager was black jersey wool with a lining, it had a slash neck at the front but a V at the back with a detachable bow, it was fitted on the waist and flared out slightly to just above the knee,I loved that dress and wore it a lot , unlike other dresses I wore once or twice, Another item was a black velvet military style coat fitted with mandarin collar and fancy toggle buttons that went across the chest and down the sleeve, just loved that coat, my favourite items ever.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:05 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
Yep. I had a collection of Carole Little items, long black skirt, pants, long cardigan, tank. I wish I had kept them! I've even looked for them on eBay but no luck.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
Oh nooooo..... black ankle boots...why did I just donate them? WHY?

They were so comfortable...they looked so nice. Not too over done.

Me go cry now.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:21 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Yes but some clothes were more special, I see what the OP meant,I had some dresses when a child that I loved and can still see in my mind, but one of my favourite dresses when a teenager was black jersey wool with a lining, it had a slash neck at the front but a V at the back with a detachable bow, it was fitted on the waist and flared out slightly to just above the knee,I loved that dress and wore it a lot , unlike other dresses I wore once or twice, Another item was a black velvet military style coat fitted with mandarin collar and fancy toggle buttons that went across the chest and down the sleeve, just loved that coat, my favourite items ever.
Okay, but I find it impossible to become emotionally attached to clothing but I find it impossible to become emotionally attached to many things. Things are just things, nothing more, I hate shopping, most of the clothing I wear daily is a minimum of 10 years old with items that are more than 15 years old.
I do not follow trends, *fashion bs from self proclaimed experts* and I rarely find a valid reason to purchase something new just because it is new, shiny, pretty.
Basic, classic and comfortable is always in style without the waste of time, energy and money.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:52 AM

They were on sale.

They went with everything.

They were comfortable. Maybe due to slight platform...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty