Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 09:03 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,421,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlman View Post
Well, great to read this.. Can you please suggest some leading brands of shoes, as I need to buy 1 pair for my brother who is an athlete.
Best to ask your brother. If he is an athlete, he will already know what type of shoe will be best for him and his chosen sport. Best not to ask strangers on the internet because they dont know him, dont know his sport, and more than likely will recommend something that he wouldnt want. Ask him, athletes ALWAYS know what they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 11:48 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlman View Post
Can you please suggest some leading brands of shoes, as I need to buy 1 pair for my brother who is an athlete.
We have NO idea what would be good for his sport and his feet. Different brands fit differently, you know!
What brand(s) does HE prefer?

Old 11-27-2016, 06:59 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
When shopping for athletic shoes for daily/casual wear prioritize the following considerations in the order of what is most important to you.

Brand
Material
Color
Overall appearance
Cost
Comfort
Designated function

I wear athletic shoes at my job so if I can find something in leather in a dark color that is comfortable I'm thrilled but I do check my favored brands for something meeting that discription first. I won't buy a generic, tend to stick with New Balance or Adidas if at all possible because they usually fit and wear well for me.
For daily casual wear, I like Pumas. I've always liked them and they're the brand I normally go with. I have multiple pairs of the Puma Suede in various colors. I find them very comfortable for walking and the cost is reasonable. I also like the appearance of them.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:37 AM

219 posts, read 163,017 times
I only usually wear athletic shoes when I'm working out or doing an outdoors activity, however, if I wore them out to do errands my order would go: color, comfort, overall appearance, cost, material, brand, designated function

When picking athletic shoes for my workout the order goes: designated function, comfort, material, cost, color, brand

Old 12-07-2016, 06:47 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
Comfort, lightweight, appearance and cost.

^^^^ This

Old 12-08-2016, 04:51 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
When shopping for athletic shoes for daily/casual wear prioritize the following considerations in the order of what is most important to you.

Brand
Material
Color
Overall appearance
Cost
Comfort
Designated function

I wear athletic shoes at my job so if I can find something in leather in a dark color that is comfortable I'm thrilled but I do check my favored brands for something meeting that description first. I won't buy a generic, tend to stick with New Balance or Adidas if at all possible, because they usually fit and wear well for me.
The main thing I require for athletic shoes for all purposes, is that they be the Brooks brand. Before I wore them, I had chronic leg and foot problems and afterwards, had almost none, regardless of how hard and far I ran. For some years, I also wore Turntec shoes, which were made by the same guy who was behind the designs used by Brooks, but they are no longer being manufactured.

The shoes you wear for casual or daily purposes are just as important as those you use for workouts. If you have poorly-designed shoes on your feet all day, they may set you up for injuries later, when you run. High-heels and platform shoes can ruin your feet and legs, even though you don't do exercise in them. Make sure you don't have shoes that are too narrow or lace them too tight, as you may suffer nerve and circulatory damage over time, in your feet.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:01 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The shoes you wear for casual or daily purposes are just as important as those you use for workouts. If you have poorly-designed shoes on your feet all day, they may set you up for injuries later, when you run. High-heels and platform shoes can ruin your feet and legs, even though you don't do exercise in them. Make sure you don't have shoes that are too narrow or lace them too tight, as you may suffer nerve and circulatory damage over time, in your feet.
Yes. If you are going to be spending hours every day in a pair of shoes, they should fit and be comfortable. H

I bought a pair of Keens: Presidio Shoes | KEEN Women's Shoes

I did have to add a layer of cush to these, but otherwise they are wonderful. They are very stable and have enough toe room for me. I put them on and forget about them. That's the way I want it. I wear them almost every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty