Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 11:36 AM

15,253 posts, read 13,015,883 times

Advertisements

Yes, I think some people will see the piercing but won't see you.

I suppose men probably shudder at the thought of a makeover. You have such a strong face and good features, though, so it wouldn't take much. Ditch the facial hair and get a really good haircut that complements your face.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:44 AM

45,558 posts, read 60,822,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
Wow, thank you for the completely unhelpful and judgemental replies guys. Most of you atleast. Fwiw, I'm in some pretty severe benzo withdrawal, which is causing the bulk of the depression.
Getting a piercing when you're depressed isn't a good idea.

As far as the responses go, you asked a a question and didn't get the validation you sought.

The takeaway, don't ask questions for which you won't like the answers.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:49 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,349,210 times
Quote:
Wow, thank you for the completely unhelpful and judgemental replies guys. Most of you atleast. Fwiw, I'm in some pretty severe benzo withdrawal, which is causing the bulk of the depression.
Bottom line, pierce whatever part of your face you want to, it is your face.
Does your physician know you quit taking your medication? If not tell them and get some help with the withdrawal issues.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:31 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,071,271 times
Quote:
Putting pieces of metal through holes in your face is stupid, ugly, and dopey. There is no reason to do it, you will not look better, you will look like you desperately do not want to be taken seriously. If you want to cure, actually CURE, your depression, try doing things that make you proud of yourself. Do something that will produce a rational decent result, and do something that is difficult, rather than easy.

Don't put metal in idiotic holes drilled into your face, ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF WASTING THE BRIEF AMOUNT OF TIME YOU HAVE ON THIS PLANET.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:39 PM

17,154 posts, read 12,999,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You know what's even more depressing?
Not being taken seriously bc you pierced your face like a teeniebopper.
What? I have a nose piercing and don't have a problem with people taking me seriously. But I agree with everyone else OP; wait on the piercing until you feel better. Don't make major decisions when you're depressed, especially decisions involving the acquisition of

A. tattoos
B. piercings
C. boyfriends/girlfriends
D. closely related, a baby
E. a pet

Old 10-09-2016, 01:02 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,584,868 times
Quote:
As I sit here fighting depressed meh feelings on a Saturday night, was just revisiting an old thought that came into my head. Some kind of facial piercing. Was wondering if anyone had any input? I was thinking maybe some kind of eyebrow piercing?
https://s21.postimg.org/p9ahzmrh3/Sn...0161008_19.jpg

https://s13.postimg.org/dsl7hb7d3/Sn...0161008_18.jpg

I'd like a few opinions before I do something that would look ridiculous.

Gratzi much.

You will only make matters worse by harming yourself which is what you would be doing.

Allow me to strongly suggest that you begin going to Al-Anon (it is NOT only for families of alcoholics) -- you will learn a lot there and be accepted warmly. Purchase their book, "Courage to Change".

Take the first small step: Go, ASAP

Old 10-09-2016, 01:04 PM

735 posts, read 874,791 times
You're a good looking fella, sorry to hear about the depression I hope you have support in your life, if not please reach out for help. You are being very brave admitting you have an issue and for putting your mug out there!

I don't have any experience with piercings, but if OP doesn't like it, can't he just take it out and let it heal, he's not talking about those gauge ear plug things that stretch out the lobe or Mike Tyson face tattoo.

Take care of yourself OP, the world only has one copy of you.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:19 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,244,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I don't think a piercing is what you do for depression. Instead go out and get active, or maybe get a henna tattoo.

Permanent changes for you body should be decided upon when you are feeling sane and healthy, and should be considered over a period of time, not an impulsive decision.

Physical activity will usually make you fell better. Maybe take up jogging or hiking or dirt bike riding. Get the blood flowing. When you are feeling bright and happy, then take up the idea of a piercing and see if it still sounds good.
This. Don't pierce or get a tattoo as an antidote to depression. Or as a relief from boredom.

Think doing this through before acting.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:41 PM

16,687 posts, read 8,690,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
A facial piercing is not going to help your depression.
Bingo

If anything is might make it worse. Find someone (therapist, MD, priest, etc.) to help figure out why you feel depressed.

Rest assured people will judge you based on it, and the odd looks you will get will only make you wonder whether they are judging you. Frankly, I make assessments of people (calling it judgments/profiling if you like) based on weird/unusual things people do.
Bottom line is you do not need to attract negative attention when you are depressed.

Good luck in finding a real solution.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:42 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,760,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You know what's even more depressing?
Not being taken seriously bc you pierced your face like a teeniebopper.
Absolutely! What type of job do you have? They may not allow facial piercings. Most professional jobs won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.