Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 07:03 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,372,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't care one way or the other as long as a man is well groomed in general. Some men have too much body hair, frankly, and if I had a man in my life that fit that criteria, I'd rather him be smooth as a baby's butt than all hairy.

Most people look better with some, errr, attention to detail when it comes to body hair.

Too much:
http://cf.girlsaskguys.com/q1812410/...3f2ddb3e0e.jpg

Too little:
http://www.stopgrowhair.com/img/proj...air-on-men.jpg

Just right:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ad8cf84d86.jpg

But hey, that's just me.
This. My husband resembles #3. Just the way I like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 08:20 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,193,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't care one way or the other as long as a man is well groomed in general. Some men have too much body hair, frankly, and if I had a man in my life that fit that criteria, I'd rather him be smooth as a baby's butt than all hairy.

Most people look better with some, errr, attention to detail when it comes to body hair.

Too much:
http://cf.girlsaskguys.com/q1812410/...3f2ddb3e0e.jpg

Too little:
http://www.stopgrowhair.com/img/proj...air-on-men.jpg

Just right:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ad8cf84d86.jpg

But hey, that's just me.
Agreed with this. Perfect examples.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:12 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,460,552 times
Do women like Mr Bigglesworth ?

Old 09-28-2016, 10:25 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,941,311 times
With shaving comes stubble :-( I don't think any woman wants to lay her head on her man's chest when it is feeling like sandpaper. And let's not mention the "other" areas.......stubble=friction=rash....no thanks!

Last edited by NRaleigh Mom; 09-28-2016 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: word change

Old 09-28-2016, 10:41 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,338,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
In the gym I go to, there are some men that shave their underarms and their chest area. I see it mostly in younger men (guessing 20 to 40 year age groups) and not sure if this is a new fashion thing that's happening all over. Btw, the guys I'm talking about are not competitive swimmers. Some older guys (over 60) just trim their underarms, not shave completely. All of them probably make up about 30% of the ones I see when I'm there.

1. Do you ladies find this attractive? I think some try to look like models.

2. Do you find men with unshaven or trimmed hair in these two areas more or less acceptable?

3. Do you prefer the natural look in men?
Trimmed up in both areas for men.
For women underams shaved completely.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:42 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,792,261 times
I won't shave my body hair. I'm not risking a boil or ingrown hair from shaving.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:48 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
And then there's this one. It's actually pretty funny, and the video is closing in on 2 million views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS7IWWLYWrE
He is correct about the irritation and rash as the hairs grow back. The clippers reduce some but don't eliminate it. But I think he is exaggerating some (not entirely) about the pain of clipper nicks down there. I've never jumped through the roof. Around your genitals the clippers can nick too. Painful as well. More psychologically so.

But all the rash and itching is only temporary. It comes a couple days after and only lasts several days. Maybe a week. But is worth doing every month or so. In my view. To another maybe not. Depends on what each individual is willing to do and tolerate.

I'm more vain than I probably should be. I would not be allowed to do any of this in a monastery. Pumping iron would be a no-no too in most monasteries. Even doing pull ups. Too much vanity. To be a Navy SEAL or US Admiral in the Navy is to be a vain person in contrast. To be Obama is to be vain. But then even Western monks unlike Eastern ones, shave their faces like Obama does. So, Western monks are probably more vain than Greek and Egytian ones.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:11 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,665,639 times
He was very loud. and why was he wearing a robe? What a tease.

I like hairy men if the man I like is hairy.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:19 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,819,312 times
I'm 47.

I don't do anything to my chest hair, but then I don't have all that much.

However, about once a month when I'm trimming my beard with the clipper and the #2 attachment, I'll give a swipe over each armpit. It's not shaved, but it keeps the hair there under control. Hair in the crevices exacerbates the funk factor a bit, and keeping the hair down mitigates that somewhat.

I perform the same thing, with a closer clip setting, below the waist about as frequently and for the same reason.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:32 PM

1,478 posts, read 789,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
1. No! For me, it takes a huge amount of muscle, to compensate for lack of body hair.

2. "Acceptable", yes. But I find transgendered people acceptable, too. I take no moralistic stance on the issue. I'm just not attracted to hairless men.

3. Yes!!!!! I suspect that many women are either latent cradle-robbers, or would actually, secretly, prefer to be with other women. They probably only go with grown men, because grown men are the best at paying the bills, and because grown men are the "socially acceptable" choice in mates. I'm attracted to actual, real MEN. So, for me, THE HAIRIER, THE BETTER.
And what are you... the female version of Donald Trump. How does a real woman look pray tell?

For every American male Trump with "Missy Piggy" comments there are about 100 American women Donald Trump always trying to shame mass portions of the male sex as not being "real men" with culturally biased opinions.

So, Donald Trump is not so bad.

I'm half black and half white. Perhaps due to the white genetic contribution in me it may (or may not) explain why my legs are so very hairy compared to many black men.

There are some very hairy black men. Probably fewer though than the numbers white men produce. And I think East and Southeast Asian men probably have even fewer hairy men than black men.

I'm certainly more hairy than Bruce Lee was but I pretty sure Bruce Lee could have kicked my butt all over the place. He was as much a man as any hairy man.

Eastern Orthodox Christian priests and monks generally grow beards. Some don't even "trim" them. The reason they grow beards out is to "reject the world" in a sense. It's an act to not be vain or promote personal vanity.

Somewhat akin to hairy, dirty, nasty white bikers that like the Pagan motorcycle club have orgies with women. A young guy in the book "Pagan Father, Prodigal Son," recounts how as a boy not yet in high school, some Pagan bikers brought him into a flea infested van where they were having group sex with one woman. The woman then performed felatio on him (the little boy). Lots of women by the personal accounts of Pagan bikers are attracted to Pagan bikers, even professional women that want to have a night of 5 or dozens of Pagan bikers having sex with them for that one night. So, these are "real men," to some women. Whereas Jesus probably would not have been.

There are lessons to learn from the hairy biker story in which the woman performs felatio on a small boy. She undoubtedly have self righteous opinions as to what "real men" do or how they look or never groom their hair.

The opinions of women are many and usually harsh. Every obese woman has a harsh opinion on all men. They are themselves a female type of Donald Trump. The question for the man might be does he value her opinion more than Halle Berry's opinion?

In contrast to Orthodox Christian priests and monks and the pagan hairy bikers are the notoriously clean shaven US Marines and New York mafia soldiers. Both vain in their appearance.

Some immaculately dressed, polished, clean shaven men in New York La Cosa Nostra have been extremely dangerous men.

I agree with this former officer of the US Marine Corps about image and dress. Notice at about the 7:40 mark of the video he speaks about the flower lapel pin and how most men won't wear them. He gives a little history on the flower lapel pin.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eWWQSkgPPTk

I have sports coats with lapel pins (none with flower lapel pins--yet). Many grown women in America might think I lack masculinity because I don't walk around with my pants hanging down my butt, or that I would dare wear a sports jacket or navy blue blazer with jeans and boots in the first place. But listening to women can often be like listening to Eve in the Garden when she hands the male an apple to bite into. I'm not walking around town with my jeans hanging down my butt and I'm going to manscape my own hair as I see fit. If fat, or anorexic women, or even sex symbol women don't like it they can "keep it moving."

Or if the woman Donald Trump called "Miss Piggy" has her Donald Trump-like opinion and remarks about me she can keep it moving too.

The US does have an explosion of metro-sexual men. Very vain in their appearance and unlike Chicago or New York mobsters or Navy Admirals they (metro-sexual males) are unwilling to engage in combat. The Byzantine empire under Constantionple, which had an excellent military fighting force combing elements from the West as well as the Eastern nomadic horse tribes, Byzantine men got to a point where they were metro-sexual and could no longer attract enough men to its outstanding military. Western Catholic knights by contrast were illiterate barbarians, kind of akin to hairy bikers, albeit they was more fitting for the Templar monks than the more vain and peacock secular Knights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty