Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 02:27 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,361,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Just find a bald woman in great shape. Would you go out with a woman with no hair?

Interesting. I am wondering if the OP is okay with dating a balding woman. As long as she's not overweight, right?

Old 06-04-2016, 04:46 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,772,911 times
I have shaved my head for 20 years. I know a lot of others that do the same. A lot of us think we look better and younger by shaving our heads. I like it more than the white fringe I shaved off. I had a lot of people especially women tell me how much better and yhounger looking I was after I shaved it off, especially my wife who said I looked 20 years younger. She would not let me grow back the fringe as she hated the old man look it gave me before I shaved. She and I have been married for 64 years so she has seen me with hair and without it, and prefers me to have the bald look. I have 2 sons that liked my look and shaved their heads 10 years ago and everyone likes their looks much better this way.

If you are offended by that add, you are not thinking right. Shave your head, and join the rest of the men that do it, some as young as their 20s, that hated their hair and tried going bald and will never go back. The ladies tell them they like the bald look, and several of the the single men young men I knew that went bald actually dated and married better looking women after going bald. The women told them they looked much more masculine when they went bald.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:32 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,792,904 times
I started losing my hair at 18. Was bald by 25. I keep the sides short. I don't have the head for shaved look. I could care less. My girlfriend loves it. Look at Vin diesel or Jason statham.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:38 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
Fat shaming SHOULD be a thing. There's nothing wrong with shaming someone for their unhealthy habits.

A man can't help losing his hair, but everyone can keep from being a fatty.
Then I say we should start shaming people for being obnoxiously stupid as well.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:43 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Fat shaming SHOULD be a thing. There's nothing wrong with shaming someone for their unhealthy habits.

Nonsense.

There are many documented medical causes for being overweight or obese.

And you are stating that the obese should be shamed in a manner that society does not find acceptable for any other unhealthy habit. No one goes up to smokers and smacks cigars out of their hands, no one goes to people's homes and shamed them for binge watching Netflix instead of hitting the gym, even drug addicts get counseling and help to overcome their addictions. The difference is fat people get singled out for the way they look. No one shames unhealthy skinny people including you.

So enough of the hypocrisy.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:52 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,332,006 times
There are things that are "okay" to make fun of. Men in general seem to be fair targets. Husbands and dads in particular. And heaven knows anyone speaking the name of Jesus better get used to being scorned and scoffed at! PC doesn't apply to all.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:52 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,177,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Nonsense.

There are many documented medical causes for being overweight or obese.
True - as a skinny, bald guy who prefers larger women (BBW's/SSBBW's), I do think "fat shaming" is reprehensible. I don't think a lot of people who are overweight can help it - any more than guys who have male pattern baldness can help that.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:33 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Because baldness is so common and attractive in today's society...
Whether it is attractive is personal preference. But being clean shaven bald is not common, except perhaps in a Black community. I saw hundreds of men at the airport yesterday, only about 2 percent were clean shaven.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:17 AM

399 posts, read 407,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
No one goes up to smokers and smacks cigars out of their hands, no one goes to people's homes and shamed them for binge watching Netflix instead of hitting the gym, even drug addicts get counseling and help to overcome their addictions. The difference is fat people get singled out for the way they look. No one shames unhealthy skinny people including you.
They should. All of those are self-imposed bad habits. You SHOULD be criticized and ridiculed for your self-destructive habits. Fatties, smokers, druggies... They're all fair game.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
Quote:

Shaming is not constructive. It doesn't help anyone's mental health, including the shamer. If you do not struggle with your weight, then you have a gift. If you work to maintain your slim shape, then you still have a gift. Many of us will never be able to be slim. I also do not agree that you can equate slimness with health. Plenty of people starve or purge to be slim. That's not healthy.

You really cannot know the challenges of people simply by looking at them. It is far better to simply reserve judgement.

And, keeping the weight off gets progressively harder the older you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty