Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2016, 08:32 PM

3,084 posts, read 7,278,380 times

Advertisements

I took it to get cleaned because it's a custom shirt and it needed to get strinked.

I took it back to them to remove the stain. They said I must've did it. But it's brand new so it must've happened on their end. They said they're going to try to get the stain out. If the stain doesnt come out, what can I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 08:38 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,287,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I took it to get cleaned because it's a custom shirt and it needed to get strinked.
It needed what??

Old 03-09-2016, 08:52 PM

3,084 posts, read 7,278,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It needed what??
I needed to shrink it.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:11 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,300,563 times
A custom shirt that needs to be shrinked...that's throwing me off.

Anyway, don't they have a practice of marking the stains when you bring it in?

Old 03-09-2016, 10:30 PM

33,052 posts, read 36,700,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineAA View Post
A custom shirt that needs to be shrinked...that's throwing me off.

that's always happened when i drop off.

Old 03-10-2016, 11:19 AM

8,100 posts, read 10,160,439 times
They messed it up. They replace it.

Try proving it....therein lies the difficulty.

A good businessman will swallow hard and "do the right thing".

There are very few good businessmen...because there are a LOT of dirt bags who would try to pull a fast one and get the cleaner to pay for something which was not their error.

If you are a regular, they should replace it.

But why do you need to have a "custom" shirt "shrunk"? If it is custom, and does not fit, I would take it back to the tailor.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:23 PM

16,463 posts, read 12,660,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineAA View Post
None of the dry cleaners I've been to have done this. I hand them the clothes and they take my name. Done.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:49 PM

5,203 posts, read 4,517,921 times
You have to insist that they remove the stain or give you the replacement cost of the shirt.

If you had given it to them with a stain on it, they would have circled it. Dry cleaners know that they may be held liable for damage to customers' clothing. Therefore, they routinely look for things like missing buttons, stains, tears, etc., and then mark them, AND note them on your pick-up ticket in order to protect themselves. Your proof of their liability is that they did not mark the stain.

Since they did not circle the stain, point it out to you, or note in on the pick-up ticket, then THEY are responsible for it. They are going to try to get out of this by bullying you and saying that you brought it in with a stain already on it. They may also try to ignore you, call the police on you for being "belligerent", or suddenly have English comprehension problems, etc. But don't be intimidated. Stick to your guns.

If they refuse to or say they cannot remove the stain & will not give you the replacement money for the shirt, then report them to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and any other consumer reporting agency in your area. Also, give them a bad review on Yelp.

Tell the BBB that you want them to completely remove the stain without damaging the shirt, or pay you the replacement cost of the shirt. You will be required to prove how much you paid for the shirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty