Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 09:40 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,376,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
There is only one sure remedy to stop baldness in men, and most do not want to do it!
Ouch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 11:01 PM

6,622 posts, read 4,945,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
You're still pretty young man. I think you should just let it go! It'll be easier for you in the long run.. Focus on other things like taking care of your body, eating well etc.. Fighting an ultimately losing battle will just cause more stress in the long run plus finasteride and minox could have sides you don't really need to worry about.

There are plenty of people who find bald men attractive.. The good thing now that you still have hair is people will just think you're trying a new look! You'll still have that 'shadow' for awhile and by the time it is gone people won't even think about it.. You'd be surprised how little people care about something like it. They may make fun of it but just to see your reaction. If you react like you don't give a damn - they'll quickly get the point that you don't and be impressed by your confidence

Why do people preach failure here? I mean, if it's true that his hair loss cannot be greatly slowed down or reversed, there's acceptance, but it's too soon for that and there is too much evidence that hair affects attractiveness. Also, we have no idea how good-looking he is with or without hair. Most of all, out of respect, we should support his implicit goal if it's achievable.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:38 AM

14,835 posts, read 12,148,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
So i've been taking finasteride and applying minoxidil for almost two years and my balding is getting worse. I am 32 and about two years ago i just started going bald. At first i thought it was because i was going through a lot of stress but now i am just worried my hair won't regrow. Anyone taking finasteride and not having positive results?
I went bald in my twenty's, it was not nice at that age, I guess I was worried that the 'young ladies' wouldn't like it. I thought *** it I will be who I am and basically shaved my hair short and forgot about it. The thing is I was 10x more successful with the ladies after I went bald than I ever was with hair! For a while I went completely 'bic orange' and that seemed to be something the ladies liked, now I have very short shaved hair with burns and stubble, I am 46 and my 21 year old daughter recently told me that her friends think I look good and a lot younger than I am. I have come to the following conclusions 1. I wish I had shaved my head earlier!! 2. When you are young being bald may make you look older but as you age it actually makes you look younger! If I were you I would stop fretting over it and I definitely wouldn't start putting chemicals either on my head or in my body.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:44 AM

12,528 posts, read 17,632,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
So i've been taking finasteride and applying minoxidil for almost two years and my balding is getting worse. I am 32 and about two years ago i just started going bald. At first i thought it was because i was going through a lot of stress but now i am just worried my hair won't regrow. Anyone taking finasteride and not having positive results?

I come from a family of cue balls and was losing at a pretty high rate when my Doctor prescribed Proscar. First time I took it my scalp started tingling and my hair stopped falling out. Maybe I just got lucky. I have always paid more for Proscar instead of the generic Finesteride, maybe give that a shot.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:56 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,586,052 times
As George Castanza said: Live Damnit, LIVE!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty