Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2016, 05:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Steeler Nation is everywhere!
I literally cried last w/e. I am not even kidding, a tear slid down my cheek before I could get a hold of myself, LOL...

And yes. Right here. (pointing) Yes, even in SoCal...and yeah, I'm a northeast transplant but I see Steelers jerseys everywhere around here, all the time...not just on "good" years, every year...
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2016, 05:23 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
This is a particular subculture, though. It's not just wearing a Hello Kitty girlie T (or a Spongebob one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I think for the most part it is silly. I could understand sporting some mickey mouse ears if you are at a Disney Park, but generally I think it looks silly if it is over the top. I also hate when women talk in baby voices. I always question if they are slow and find it really annoying. I could turn a blind eye to one item ex. a hello kitty t-shirt or a micky mouse ears pendent on a necklacse ... but if you are dressed to look like a you shop in the kids section at the local mall or are dressed like a Harajuku girl... just odd.

Ex of what I think it over the top ....

Old 01-21-2016, 05:39 PM

24,118 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
When you see an adult woman on a date wearing Disney jackets, Spongebob jackets, Hello Kitty clothing, what are your thoughts?
I know what you mean, and I am not talking about Asian college girls.

I am talking about adult women between 30 and 60 who wear Tinkerbell tee shirts, Disney PJ bottoms stuffed into boots, Minnie Mouse T shirts and Hello Kitty hair ties.

They are generally poorly groomed, have two inches of root growth, and an 80s hair style, ultra long nails, and they may also have a tattoo or two that are cartoon themed.

I think it's an effort to take the focus off themselves and their physical short comings. It's a low brow look. And other people who share this taste may find it "cute" or "amusing".

These women are likely to have doll collections, Precious Moments, angel collections and other cutesy collectibles. It's not my taste, but it seems to make certain people happy.

If anyone has never seen this, take a walk in a Walmart.

ETA their husbands are likely to constantly be dressed as though they are attending a sporting event. Or in camo.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:58 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
The only time I've really seen this is older overweight women wearing sweats and a Mickey Mouse tshirt shopping in Walmart.
Or older nurses scrubs.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:00 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

I am talking about adult women between 30 and 60 who wear Tinkerbell tee shirts, Disney PJ bottoms stuffed into boots, Minnie Mouse T shirts and Hello Kitty hair ties.

They are generally poorly groomed, have two inches of root growth, and an 80s hair style, ultra long nails, and they may also have a tattoo or two that are cartoon themed.

I think it's an effort to take the focus off themselves and their physical short comings. It's a low brow look. And other people who share this taste may find it "cute" or "amusing".

These women are likely to have doll collections, Precious Moments, angel collections and other cutesy collectibles. It's not my taste, but it seems to make certain people happy.

ETA their husbands are likely to constantly be dressed as though they are attending a sporting event. Or in camo.
Sounds like most women at my local Walmart.
I prefer the cartoon tshirts to the tank tops that show the back boobies hanging where their shoulder blades used to be.

Old 01-21-2016, 06:09 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,689,789 times
Quote:

Nailed it!

This doesn't apply to women or men who are well groomed and use a cartoon character as part of an outfit - like for example, as a prior poster mentioned, a Hello Kitty shirt within a cardigan, skirt or / cute jeans.

The first group is sloppy, the other is sharp and trendy.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:38 PM

367 posts, read 458,037 times
Quote:
When you see an adult woman on a date wearing Disney jackets, Spongebob jackets, Hello Kitty clothing, what are your thoughts?
They do it for their kids?
That's my only thought. If I even bother thinking about it in the first place.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:43 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
I don't ever see that. And even if I did, it's none of my business what another woman chooses to wear on a date.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:54 PM

16,071 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:

Dear lord, let us hope you guys are talking about two different demographics since I sincerely hope those types of women don't often show up for 'dates' like the OP mentions!
Young twenty somethings showing up for a casual date in a disney or hello kitty tee and jeans seems fine to me. It suggests that they still have a sense of fun or playfulness, which isn't a bad thing as long as it doesn't come packaged with a large dose of immaturity.

Old 01-22-2016, 06:57 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Have you ever noticed those wackos who forsake their husbands and children to take up with kids young enough to be their own children? They are off in the head. That's what I think of when I see women dressed like that. They can't accept the fact they are aging. They know not how to do it gracefully. They think they can pass for teenagers and they just look pathetic.

I'm not talking about the flower children bunch. Those are just artists and they've been off for years. You know who you are!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty