Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 11:02 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,048,732 times

Advertisements

Cheaper than most cars, and a better investment. Just don't choose a surgeon because they're the least expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 12:17 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,306,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post
That's correct. I've had implants for 9 years & somewhat of a botched nose job. I no longer want them. $23k is just alot of money.
I agree with Scooby in that checking into your insurance could be well worth the effort. Symptoms could worsen and cause a lot of spendy problems that could be avoided by coverage to remove them surgically.

$23k is a lot of money, yes. But if insurance won't cover it then just make sure that you have financial reserves in your life for other life problems before spending it on surgery. If you can financially manage, go for it.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:19 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,360,127 times
I would consider it if I were you, especially if I could possibly pay off the 23K within a year and a half.

I thought the prices sounded kind of high. Ouch.

Now, my question is---were you even thinking about getting your nose done or not until they mentioned it? If you weren't even thinking about it until they mentioned it, I would stick to the boob job.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post
Yes, good points. Thank you for your advice. One thing I know for sure is that I will be more comfortable without implants & look thinner. The nose is a toss up, but breathing & having it straightened would be great.
One warning about a deviated septum - I was told I had one too and scheduled for sinus surgery. I got a second opinion and was strongly advised to NOT have the surgery and better control my allergies instead.

I got the impression that deviated septum *could be* a standard moneymaker.

That said, if you don't like the appearance of your nose - go for it.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:32 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Spend some money and go to the gym and tone up instead of putting on some fake parts that will just give people the giggles behind your back.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:53 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,409,374 times
You're looking at the cost of a Honda Civic to feel better about yourself, and to improve health conditions. As long as you are reasonable in other expenditures during the period, and have tempered expectations, I would think that you should take care of the issues right now. $23k for a quality surgeon, with whom you are comfortable does not seem terribly out of line at all, though I would be sure that you can deal with two recoveries having the rhinoplasty and breast augmentation at close intervals, since you will get the discount and will heal both simultaneously, but prepare for the worst recovery possible and hope it is better. Good luck with the surgeries.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-15-2016, 04:07 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,771,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Spend some money and go to the gym and tone up instead of putting on some fake parts that will just give people the giggles behind your back.
Another person who does not READ the thread. Use your Vision and READ the thread so you know what this is about.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:53 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,393,786 times
I would get the implants removed and skip the nose job. Your nose could be seriously messed up with a second operation. You also don't have the money.

The implants are causing health issues. Deal with that. In five years you can save enough to get your nose done if you insist.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:10 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Definitely get those implants removed. Although many people are fine with them, there are lots of horror stories associated with them too. That's for your health and there is no price you can put on your health. Find the best and most understanding doctor you can. Try to get insurance to pay for it but even if you have to foot the bill, get the implants removed.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:18 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,393,358 times
If you can comfortable afford it without change to your lifestyle, I wouldn't rule it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty