Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 11:53 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times

Advertisements

Nurses don't even wear white hose anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 01:06 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,002,436 times
White is costume-y. At 49 I would still wear something like those under a skirt (not so they show) on date night with husband, he would like that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-16-2015, 02:24 PM

42,000 posts, read 75,358,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I wear interesting lingerie even if I a the only one who will see it.
Exactly!

Old 11-16-2015, 03:31 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,743,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyman43 View Post
Just asking, my lady friend is in her 50's and I was thinking of buying her some of these hose, just wanted to ask if these might be a young look for her age?

Thanks for the help,

RudyMan

It depends on the intention. If your lady friend is someone you are already sexually intimate with and it is a sort of playful gift between lovers for use between the 2 of you then yes then why not. If this is just a friend with no strings attached and it is suppose to be a joke then I hope she has a sense of humor. I think women of all ages like to look sexy especially with their partners. All the Real House Wives are getting up there and I do not see any of them toning it down and why should they? I think many people have this taboo attitude towards aging and sex and need to get over it. It is health and normal. This attitudes make it seem strange for older people (ex not in their 20-30s) to be having sex with people their own age, but in reality this is a good thing. If you do not know her that well you might be looking to get a slap in the face lol. No matter what colour your are choosing that type of gift is sexually suggestive. If you gave her a more classy slip or something like that it might not be so in your face sexual. Hope this helps.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:37 PM

Default You would be surprised ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtpie1968 View Post
I wore hose like that, once, on my wedding day, when I was 20......but at 47, I don't even think hubby would want to see it...
Would it not be better if you were wearing something like this then having your husband checking out Victoria Secrete catalogue? I do not care if you are 20 or 89... have fun with this stuff especially if you are married. It might actually really make him feel special and that you still desire him. What is the point of being married to someone if you can do all this stuff with them?

Old 11-16-2015, 03:44 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,265,213 times
If she has even 5 pounds of fat on her you need to buy the garter belt too otherwise these thigh highs will be at her ankles in 5 steps across the room. Please not in white unless she is a nurse.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:06 AM

423 posts, read 337,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Would it not be better if you were wearing something like this then having your husband checking out Victoria Secrete catalogue? I do not care if you are 20 or 89... have fun with this stuff especially if you are married. It might actually really make him feel special and that you still desire him. What is the point of being married to someone if you can do all this stuff with them?
I just said that he wouldn't want to see me in THOSE hose, as they wouldn't look sexy on me.........I never said I don't wear sexy things for him. At 47, I am old enough to know exactly what turns my man on, thankyouverymuch......and he has never looked at a Victoria secret catalog, sports illustrated swimsuit....not his style

Old 11-19-2015, 02:34 PM

Default Never say never ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtpie1968 View Post
I just said that he wouldn't want to see me in THOSE hose, as they wouldn't look sexy on me.........I never said I don't wear sexy things for him. At 47, I am old enough to know exactly what turns my man on, thankyouverymuch......and he has never looked at a Victoria secret catalog, sports illustrated swimsuit....not his style
I am not directing this thought at you specifically, but at people in general. No matter how long you know someone you can NEVER know everything about them unless you are a mind reader. Also people change or like to try new things. Some people are too shy to ask for things they want or would like to try because they are shy about expressing the interest. Many people are socially conditioned not to feel comfortably or to feel guilty taking about sex and sexual desires. I totally agree that people need to choose things that suit their shape, preferences and style. Somethings always do look better or worse on certain people which is probably a good thing or we might all end up wearing the same thing and they would just be boring !

Old 11-19-2015, 03:52 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,295,855 times
White is a no-no except for brides and Halloween.

There are some nice black opaque (cotton blend) thigh highs that are cute with the right outfit. I personally am a few years shy of 50 and wear stuff like that, if I can pull it off with my body type.

Too young? No. It's not a childish look.

And 50 is not that old nowadays.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:49 AM

Here is the thing... if you are buying this sort of gift as a man for woman it is 100% sexually suggestive. If that is the case the intent is not so focused on being able to wear it out. This is not a major purchase. If it is for use between lovers then get her whatever you are attracted to. White, red ... Fishnet does not matter. Probably best to get a garter with it. If your intentions are not sexual this is just not an appropriate gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty