Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 03:18 AM

347 posts, read 282,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Oh yes, I like the Arizona Jeans for chicks, too. I haven't bought a pair in years, but I used to love them!

This is going to sound like blasphemy, but I've never liked Levis on me. They never seemed to fit me right. I love them on other people because I love the style and look of them, though.
Haha! I can forgive you I guess. The blue jean gods might not, but I will The style and look of Levi's are definitely my favorite aspects of them. Although I think they're comfy, I've tried jeans like Silver that are more comfy. Good ol' Levi's don't work for everybody, that's for sure.

That is so awesome that you loved Arizona jeans too!!! Respect to you! I thought I was a loner on that one. I haven't bought a pair in years either, so maybe it's time I take the plunge again and try them to see if the old magic is back. I used to only wear their black jeans and I absolutely loved them.

What washes/colors from Arizona did you like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 05:00 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts87 View Post
Haha! I can forgive you I guess. The blue jean gods might not, but I will The style and look of Levi's are definitely my favorite aspects of them. Although I think they're comfy, I've tried jeans like Silver that are more comfy. Good ol' Levi's don't work for everybody, that's for sure.

That is so awesome that you loved Arizona jeans too!!! Respect to you! I thought I was a loner on that one. I haven't bought a pair in years either, so maybe it's time I take the plunge again and try them to see if the old magic is back. I used to only wear their black jeans and I absolutely loved them.

What washes/colors from Arizona did you like?
Ha! When I was in high school (I'm 27 now, so it's been a while!), I used to buy the flare-leg Arizonas. I had black ones and every denim wash that they had, as well as some Arizona khakis, corduroys and skirts. Now that I think about it, I pretty much exclusively wore Arizona bottoms in high school, although I had a few pairs of LEIs and American Eagle jeans in those years, too. As flares went "out of style," I slowly started phasing in bootcuts. I don't think skinny jeans were ever a thing during that time. I might go try on a few pairs next time I'm at the mall.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Ha! When I was in high school (I'm 27 now, so it's been a while!), I used to buy the flare-leg Arizonas. I had black ones and every denim wash that they had, as well as some Arizona khakis, corduroys and skirts. Now that I think about it, I pretty much exclusively wore Arizona bottoms in high school, although I had a few pairs of LEIs and American Eagle jeans in those years, too. As flares went "out of style," I slowly started phasing in bootcuts. I don't think skinny jeans were ever a thing during that time. I might go try on a few pairs next time I'm at the mall.
Interesting. You and I are close to the same age then. The Arizonas I had were all black & relaxed fit. It wasn't until 8th grade when I made the switch to Levi's, black as well. It wasn't until college that I bough my first pair of "blue" jeans, but I haven't looked back since ha. When I got into high school, not many people wore Arizonas or Levi's anymore. Everybody had to have Silver Jeans. They looked great though, I didn't mind. This was a couple of years before skinny jeans came into style. Never been a fan of skinny jeans. I actually miss bootcut jeans being "in" I always thought they looked really good. Anyway, I'm doing a bit of jeans shopping this week so I'll definitely have to make sure I hit up the Arizona section and try on a few pairs. Respect to you by the way! Arizona, American Eagle, LEI, etc. Good sense of style if I may say so.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watts87 View Post
Interesting. You and I are close to the same age then. The Arizonas I had were all black & relaxed fit. It wasn't until 8th grade when I made the switch to Levi's, black as well. It wasn't until college that I bough my first pair of "blue" jeans, but I haven't looked back since ha. When I got into high school, not many people wore Arizonas or Levi's anymore. Everybody had to have Silver Jeans. They looked great though, I didn't mind. This was a couple of years before skinny jeans came into style. Never been a fan of skinny jeans. I actually miss bootcut jeans being "in" I always thought they looked really good. Anyway, I'm doing a bit of jeans shopping this week so I'll definitely have to make sure I hit up the Arizona section and try on a few pairs. Respect to you by the way! Arizona, American Eagle, LEI, etc. Good sense of style if I may say so.
Well, thanks. I remember a lot of guys wearing black jeans when I was in school.

My hometown was pretty small at the time...it still is but has grown a lot over the years, due in part to the military base. Anyway, at the time, there weren't many places to shop in town, so Arizona jeans weren't abnormal. I don't know that they were "cool" necessarily, but no one thought they were "uncool," either. We did have an American Eagle, though, which was probably the "coolest."

Old 08-16-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Well, thanks. I remember a lot of guys wearing black jeans when I was in school.

My hometown was pretty small at the time...it still is but has grown a lot over the years, due in part to the military base. Anyway, at the time, there weren't many places to shop in town, so Arizona jeans weren't abnormal. I don't know that they were "cool" necessarily, but no one thought they were "uncool," either. We did have an American Eagle, though, which was probably the "coolest."
I can relate. My hometown is small as well. We have to drive about an hour and a half away to do any decent clothes shopping, but at least there are good options now. I think Silvers caught on when I was in high school because at that time they were the only "higher end" brand of jeans around.

Might be kind of dumb question, but do they have Silvers around where you're from? I ask because I've only really seen them in the general area where I live. Maybe I don't pay good enough attention haha.

Old 08-16-2015, 04:03 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
I have never tried Silver Jeans, since I don't believe that they are distributed widely, at least for men, where I live. I have worn Lucky, though, and their USA-made jeans are of very good quality.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-16-2015, 04:09 PM

I don't think so. I have heard of them but can't remember seeing them in any of the local stores. They look nice, though. I see that they have them at Macy's, and there is a Macy's in Raleigh, so they probably have them there. The prices look a little higher than what I would normally spend on jeans; I'd have to try some on to see if they would be worth it to me.

Old 08-16-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I don't think so. I have heard of them but can't remember seeing them in any of the local stores. They look nice, though. I see that they have them at Macy's, and there is a Macy's in Raleigh, so they probably have them there. The prices look a little higher than what I would normally spend on jeans; I'd have to try some on to see if they would be worth it to me.
Interesting. They do have a nice look to them. The ones I've tried on were very comfortable, even right there in the store which is rare for jeans. They didn't seem to need a lot of breaking in. I don't know if that would be similar for the women's, though I assume it would be. The price is definitely the big drawback to them. That's why I've never bought a pair. Unfortunately their women's jeans are even more expensive than the men's. I'm not sure why that is.

Old 08-16-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
I have never tried Silver Jeans, since I don't believe that they are distributed widely, at least for men, where I live. I have worn Lucky, though, and their USA-made jeans are of very good quality.
You're right, Silvers don't distribute much of their men's jeans. Come to think of it, there's only one store in my entire area that carries men's Silvers.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:25 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
I like jeans which make my quads and abs look hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty