Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 08:20 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times

Advertisements

I honestly don't care for the most part. But wearing something which seems "out of place" will grab my attention, regardless of man or woman. Like the one girl in my area who decides to run in downtown with a sports bra and nothing else on while most other people are in work clothes. I would not be rude enough to question, but its difficult not to notice the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 08:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Perhaps look at some dated photos for each decade and I say you have to conclude the answer is yes. Much of it is the influence of entertainment industry if you examine photos of same thru decades. A few eyars ago I saw photos of a high school graduation ball about some other controversy. I have to say it look more like a hooker ball to me.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:31 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
I really think it depends on the community. I don't see it. I think the teenagers and young people in this part of town are well-groomed and appropriately dressed.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:43 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I honestly don't care for the most part. But wearing something which seems "out of place" will grab my attention, regardless of man or woman. Like the one girl in my area who decides to run in downtown with a sports bra and nothing else on while most other people are in work clothes. I would not be rude enough to question, but its difficult not to notice the difference.
No bottoms?! Yeah that is something people would notice.

Old 07-25-2015, 08:50 PM

28,662 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I agree with this. Young girls have always skirted the edge, and nightclub attire has always been nightclub attire. What I see different these days is a complete loss of the concept of appropriateness--wearing clothing in an office environment that is more appropriate for the nightclub.

I don't believe for a second that women don't know what looks "sexy" because when they intend to look sexually attractive, they know what to wear...so women know that wearing the same thing at work is sexually attractive.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:57 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mlew15/21-ti...0se#.ugvOME11o

#18:
#GrowingUpAGirl 'You're not going out wearing that.'Because obviously young girls in skirts are the problem. Not the men sexualising them.

Now excuse me while I go wash my eyes out with bleach.
First of all, most skirts are long enough that that poorly relates to the topic.

Most guys won't even consider doing anything bad to women who are parading their bodies. Some in fact might avoid 'flaunting' females due to intimidation or moral repulsion, for example.

Meanwhile, men rarely flaunt their bodies, making it not unreasonable to expect women to have some modesty.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:36 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Women flaunt their wares the same as men that flaunt their cars, muscles, or brains. The only difference is that men are much more modest than women.

As a guy, I'm willing to accept that I don't have the best car or pack the most manhood. A lot of women can't accept the fact the they are out-done by another in a show-off of their wares or they are wearing the latest from some brand.

However, as a guy I get all worked out if my team fails to make the playoff and my girlfriend is pissed that some talent-less reality star gets to wear the latest Versace.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:43 AM

3 posts, read 5,316 times
I think males can go shirtless because females are not visual like males. Males have always been visual and females know that. That is why there are magazines with pictures and videos and bars with nearly nude girls. It's unrealistic for a female to wear what any of those girls wear and not expect males to think sex when they see her. Basically, their eyes are connected to another private part. Many males have said how hard it is not to look or to think something sexual when skimpily clad females walk by them. Us females know what guys like and if we don't want to have them look at something we should cover it up. If we don't want them thinking something sexual, cover it up. I liken it to me being on a diet & everyone walking around eating ice cream, pizza, brownies, etc. in my face & me not being allowed to having any. That would be torture for me and mean on their part. I asked a girl if I wore a habit if she would think I was a nun. Of course she said yes. So I said if a girl is wearing what the girls in the magazines, videos, or in the bar is wearing, what am I supposed to think. And I think maybe SOME guys think that to. They are visual and sexual. And females know that. We should try to help them be nice guys. And they should try to help us be ladies by telling us what guys really think & do when they see us showing naked private parts. Go to a sex addict meeting. You might be surprised what males from all walks of life think & do when all they see is a female scantily dressed or in tight, or revealing clothes. It's like a flesh and blood magazine out there. And we know what they do with those magazines. They don't turn off feelings/thinking just because the female in the street isn't in a magazine getting paid. In a perfect world, like the Garden of Eden, BEFORE the fruit was eaten, we could go naked. Once sin entered......Not a coincidence the first thing they thought was, "Gee, we're naked and that's wrong". They knew it and at least tried to cover up. Their apron of fig leaves wasn't enough, so God shed the first blood and killed animals to make them COATS. I doubt the less than fig leaf aprons of today would please Him. He said not to tempt your fellow man and cause him to stumble. And if a man lusts he has already commited adultery. He also said the tempter is worse than the temtee, because the tempter KNOWS what they are doing.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:12 AM

509 posts, read 554,249 times
Hot Pants came out in when? The 1950s?
Women have been showing more skin than the OP would like for decades.

Yoga pants were called leggings in the 80s.
They aren't new. What has changed is the weight of the girl's wearing them.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:24 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linerin View Post
Hot Pants came out in when? The 1950s?
Women have been showing more skin than the OP would like for decades.

Yoga pants were called leggings in the 80s.
They aren't new. What has changed is the weight of the girl's wearing them.
Hot pants and mini skirts were the 60s.. women should be able to wear what they want, if their not embarrassed , I see some stuff now that I cringe at, its in so bad taste but up to that person wearing it, we dont want to make our women cover up completely like some other countries..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty