Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 08:08 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,916,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've seen the MK on purses that women have on the train, and I've heard of Michael Kors and knew he was a designer, and I never put the two together until this thread, lol.

I wouldn't buy one just because I don't like things with someone's names or initials obviously displayed on them. It's just not my thing. But lots of people do like Michael Kors.
I have a few MK bags. Not all have logos. In fact many have very discreet branding. But then he started putting really big MKs on lots of bags and these got really really popular.

On the whole Kors makes classic shapes in season colors. Practical for any woman. And he does a great job with interior storage. Lots of practical pockets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 08:38 PM

604 posts, read 857,557 times
Quote:
I don't like things with someone's names or initials obviously displayed on them. It's just not my thing.
That's why I dislike Tory Burch so much. All of her things are simply vehicles for her humongous, ugly logo.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:32 PM

523 posts, read 495,453 times
ok forget i said only shoes, cap, and jeans. i also forgot to mention boots(cowboy and winter). the uggs i like. sandals you may wear if youre in a sunny state like florida or california. also a cowgirl hat would good look for any lady. but classy high heels(the ones worn at clubs and bars) and sandals with sparkles, too yucky.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:20 AM

645 posts, read 752,011 times
I hate Michael Kors bags! so many people walk around with those things the logo for some reason reminds me of the McDonalds logo.....the brand is so played out its even worse than when coach was popular.. I think better brands that are more affordable would be tory burch, prada, fendi..etc..but to each his own I guess..

Old 06-12-2015, 07:33 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,771,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
I hate Michael Kors bags! so many people walk around with those things the logo for some reason reminds me of the McDonalds logo.....the brand is so played out its even worse than when coach was popular.. I think better brands that are more affordable would be tory burch, prada, fendi..etc..but to each his own I guess..
Speaking of McDonald, Last season's (S/S 15) Moschino apparel is actually adorned with similar to McDonald's logo. I am a big fan of Moschino but the ladypurse look like McDonald's fries pouch is too much. And the guys' shirt with SpongeBob on it looks like something I could buy in Walmart. Why getting a $250 shirt when I can get one for $2 in Walmart.
I like Moschino because of its tacky-ness but Jeremy Scott took it to another level.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:21 AM

88,669 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have a few MK bags. Not all have logos. In fact many have very discreet branding. But then he started putting really big MKs on lots of bags and these got really really popular.

On the whole Kors makes classic shapes in season colors. Practical for any woman. And he does a great job with interior storage. Lots of practical pockets.
OK, now THAT would appeal to me in a purse!

Old 06-12-2015, 08:55 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,282,728 times
Quote:
Prada more affordable than Michael Kors?? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Old 06-12-2015, 12:11 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,771,314 times
Quote:
And another poster before me is right. Prada and Michael Kors are not from the same "class".
Michael Kors and Tory Burch, yes.
Prada and Fendi, no. Their price points are higher than the other two.
Michael Kors and Tory Burch = middle class luxury
Prada and Fendi = high-end luxury

Old 06-12-2015, 12:18 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,392,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGarcia879 View Post
those purses are exposing women of all kind to be cheesy and trammpy.

definition of cheesy: kardashian, snooki, real housewives of any city, lady gaga, any lady at nightclub wearing cheesy dresses.

the other day i saw a extremely rich-lady-wannabe(wearing a cheap giant ring, large sunglasses with those ugly sparkles, leopard pants) carrying one of those purses and she has two kids under 7 years old present with her. that lady is not setting a good example for her children if she continues to dress like that.

a fine quality woman should wear jeans, tennis shoes, baseball cap, and carry a cheap but good lookin purse.
Says the man promoting bedazzled buckle jeans in another thread.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,916,687 times
Quote:
OK, now THAT would appeal to me in a purse!
There are usually 4 slip pockets that will fit even jumbo phones. And a key clip at the minimum in most bags. And of course the interior zip pocket. Most have an exterior pocket too!

This is one of my fave bags even though it is a little played out now.

Selma Saffiano Leather Medium Satchel | Michael Kors

I think this is the size I have (they have tweaked them since I purchased) and it even fits a 13 inch laptop. Albeit it is a little tight, but so useful! The Saffiano is scratch and water resistant, so this is now my rain purse and the perfect transit purse! The wide base was even great to throw my lunch tupperwares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty