Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:30 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,077,030 times

Advertisements

I was highjacked at the mall yesterday too. I ended up with about $400 worth of stuff. The young Israeli guy, who was very charming, by the way, took a lot of time with me - showing me all these products. I was not at the mall to buy this stuff, yet I ended up with all these products!

I have: Eye Gel, Eye Cream, Luxury Collection Milk Cleanser (thrown in for free), Mask Miracle Noir (also thrown in for free), Salt & Oil Scrub, Moisture Complex (thrown in for free), Dead Sea Facial Peel, and Vanilla Body Butter (thrown in for free). Also thrown in for free were Nourishing Cream for Men, and Shaving Cream for Men. He threw those in for me to give to my husband, but I don't want my husband to know I got suckered into spending a bunch of money, so I gave the men's items to my oldest son.

I haven't used any of these products yet - just what he put on me during his demonstrations at the mall yesterday. But from the demonstrations, I really liked the products.

Now, a few days ago at another mall, there was another Israeli guy trying to sell me an all ceramic - no metal - hair straightener. I think it was a Corlios or something like that. I successfully dodged buying one of those, as I already have several straighteners and curling irons all in different sizes. What I thought was kind of funny was that he straightened a part of my hair and mentioned how "silky smooth" the freshly straightened piece was. I was immediately reminded of that movie "You Don't Mess With The Zohan".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 01:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,121 times
you are all talking about a cute israel man. was he blonde? with blue eyes? brown hair? accent? HE MANIPULATED ME TOO. i was with my daughter and he suckered us into buying 2 nail kits for $59.00. he said that we could call customer service when the buffer stopped working, and they would ship us a 'LIFETIME SUPPLY' of them. then, he had asked my 14 year-old daughter what she was using for her skin [she has acne, thanks to puberty], and he convinced us to buy the mud soap for her for $10.00. he said that in 2 weeks we would drive back to the mall and hug him to say 'thank you'.. that was kind of creepy. so instead of doing that, my daughter asked him for his email, and that she would email him instead of coming back, to let her know how the product was working. she's been using it for 4 days. it hasn't cleared up anything, but it has dried out her current pimples.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...#ixzz0bRTnIjM5

Old 01-02-2010, 07:28 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,567,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
My DD and I were "hijacked" into buying this at a kiosk as we were getting to leave the mall. I know the buffer buffs our nails to a real nice shine, but does that little block last 2 years as we had been sold? Any extra benefits of the hand cream and cuticle oil over others, being that it is marketed as made out of minerals from the Dead Sea?
lol bibit was it some girl w/ an accent at Southpark Mall? She almost got me too.

I told her no and she said if I cam back the next day she'd sell it to me for 50% off. I went to Sally and got a buffer that does the same thing for $1.99.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:57 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,916,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
lol bibit was it some girl w/ an accent at Southpark Mall? She almost got me too.

I told her no and she said if I cam back the next day she'd sell it to me for 50% off. I went to Sally and got a buffer that does the same thing for $1.99.
No it was at Carolina Place, but a year ago, DH succumbed at Concord! It does not last forever that cream. After a while, it deteriorates and stinks! Don't ever buy that thing!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 728 times
Help! I accidently picked up my wife's nail file from the kit and used it on a model train caboose. I may have to downsize myself and live in the caboose if I can't find a replacement file! Does anyone know if I can buy just the file? (Or maybe FILES-it may take multiples to get me out of this jam.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty