Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 10:24 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,985,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The majority of the pictures in the OP link were white teenagers. It had nothing to do with race.
No, you're wrong. Everything does I think the winners are the three girls in the tight metallic monstrosities with makeup and hair to match.

Second place goes to the girl in the pink and black shorts + dress with a train thing that is not only very tight, but looks like it would make a great commercial for PETA. Whatever happened to classy clothing? Oh, I know, I've gotten old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 07:15 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
I had a floor-length, royal blue satin dress with puffed sleeves and a bow. I do not look good in blue either, something I didn't know back then.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:15 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times
Nope. You put it out there, it's going to be made fun of.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:23 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,401,751 times
Mostly I just feel sad when I see a lot of girls in their prom dresses, and the young wives at military balls I attend. A lot of them wear LBD's (little black dresses). The way I see it - you only get so many chances in life to wear a over-the-top floor length gown....

Old 05-18-2015, 03:36 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,853,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
But not all.....and I think it's time to stop making fun of teenager's prom dresses completely. Not sure about you, but I left middle school long ago. What is the payoff for supposed grown adults making fun of teenagers?

If I could have found an article on that, I would have posted it as well.

Gawd bless these bean counters.

1. The getups were hilarious and the kids are strangers to us.

2. It wasn't a slideshow...it was all on one page!

Old 05-18-2015, 05:00 PM

19,435 posts, read 15,279,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
The girl in the 70's bad plaid with the platform shoes -- if that's not Ellen DeGeneres, I'll eat my hat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I like to see the self created ones. Those kids had fun.

Some of those scanty ones should not be allowed as per school dress code.

Ellen has showed her hideous dress on her show.
Yep, I've seen that one before, too.

I think we laugh because we've all been there. Well, I never went to a prom, but you know what I mean.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:52 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,289,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yep, I've seen that one before, too.

I think we laugh because we've all been there. Well, I never went to a prom, but you know what I mean.
Yeah... I've been a bridesmaid.

It's like a rite of passage to wear a dress like that -- and they are also so very fashionable-ish, and trendy those go out of style and get funny....

Old 05-19-2015, 12:43 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,330,331 times
I would not allow my daughter to wear the super sexy ones. Honestly, do these girls have parents?

Old 05-19-2015, 01:33 AM

15,642 posts, read 26,289,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I would not allow my daughter to wear the super sexy ones. Honestly, do these girls have parents?
Oh, yes -- and there is always a work around them. My mother allowed light make up when I was 14, but another friend's parents said no way. So, she got to school early, made up her face, and before catching the bus, washed it off...and trust me -- she coated it on with a trowel. Her parents never knew, and when she was allowed to start wearing make up, was corrected in her application.

Other friends wore the forbidden clothing, much the same way... took it to school in their gym bags and changed there....

Old 05-19-2015, 02:37 AM

509 posts, read 555,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Some of those were created from materials...probably for a shot at a scholarship.

Others are people expressing themselves and their creativity or their....whatever. They are cutting loose.
Ditto, I don't see anything wrong with these. In fact the green one with the 2 dates was a pretty popular style in the mid-80s.

The gum wrapper one reminded me of a contest a local radio station held last year for seniors. They had girls make prom dresses out of origami paper, the winner got a dress, limo, and dinner for prom as well as 10 grand for college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty