Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 07:40 PM

114 posts, read 149,999 times

Advertisements

My hairline has receded pretty bad. My hairline is as deep as jude laws, but my hair is thicker. Also my forehead is pretty big now. Whenever I am talking to someone face to face I notice that they look at me and then they look up at my hair for a bit. I keep my hair medium length and my hairline causes my hair to be positioned a certain way where its not symmetrical.

I have shaved my head before at number 2 and it looks alright, but my hairline has that deep M shape. I remember sitting at a restaurant eating with a friend and these kids making fun of my hairline and kept staring at it. It is less noticeable when I grow out my hair. I am debating on whether to bic it or keep it really short no guard, get buff, and get a tan lol. Sucks that I am losing my hair at such a young age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 07:58 PM

37,312 posts, read 41,849,531 times
See a dermatologist to find out what your options are.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:04 AM

750 posts, read 649,457 times
bro, dont be that guy trying to hang on to the little hair you have left.

buzz that with a 2 or 1 and own that look.

the sooner you get comfortable with it the better.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:53 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,868,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingbald42 View Post
My hairline has receded pretty bad. My hairline is as deep as jude laws, but my hair is thicker. Also my forehead is pretty big now. Whenever I am talking to someone face to face I notice that they look at me and then they look up at my hair for a bit. I keep my hair medium length and my hairline causes my hair to be positioned a certain way where its not symmetrical.

I have shaved my head before at number 2 and it looks alright, but my hairline has that deep M shape. I remember sitting at a restaurant eating with a friend and these kids making fun of my hairline and kept staring at it. It is less noticeable when I grow out my hair. I am debating on whether to bic it or keep it really short no guard, get buff, and get a tan lol. Sucks that I am losing my hair at such a young age.
Depends on your facial features, but usually, I think men look better with a totally bald/shaved head look if they've started receding noticeably.

There are some HOT men out there who shave their heads, and are probably bald anyway before they do it.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:58 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,465,310 times
Minoxidil really works, if you are commtted and use it as directed.you can buy it OTC.

It is tough for a young male to have thinning hair, but as you age it won't be so bad.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:58 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,296,774 times
Shave it right down to a number 1 and get used to being part of a massive majority, most men lose their hair at some stage.

No big deal at all unless you try to HIDE it with wraparounds and toupees, nothing sadder.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:40 PM

502 posts, read 1,070,655 times
Talk to your doctor about finasteride (Propecia). It's 1 pill a day and stops hair loss for as long as you take it.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:32 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,165,511 times
I'm utterly baffled by the number of men who insist on keeping that little bit of hair, as if this detracts from the fact that they're going bald.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson had a full head of hair 10 or 15 years ago. He shaved it all off. It in no way detracts from his hotness. The wrestler, "Cesaro," clearly has male pattern baldness. Still totally hot. I think he's in his early 30s. I can't think of a single bald guy, young or old, in which I think any less of physically, simply because they are going bald. I do, however, shake my head at the guys who do comb-overs, or who have long ponytails with a receding hairline. Let it go.

I know from a psychological point of view, it sucks to start losing your hair at a young age. But, you're probably thinking about it a lot more than anyone else is. And, kids are cruel and stare at any little thing that's outside their little circle of what's normal. If you have a noticeable "M" shape, growing your hair out probably makes it MORE noticeable, not less.

If you're willing, post a pic of your hair shaved and another with the amount of hair you think makes the baldness less noticeable. You can block out your actual face. Let the people of CD tell you the truth, since we don't know you and don't have to worry about not hurting your feelings.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:17 AM

138 posts, read 131,892 times
Get a hair transplant! I intend to do this, I will never let myself go bald.

Thankfully I don't have my dad's hair, all his relatives were bald by my age.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:18 AM

138 posts, read 131,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
bro, dont be that guy trying to hang on to the little hair you have left.

buzz that with a 2 or 1 and own that look.

the sooner you get comfortable with it the better.
No, just no. Some people don't suit being bald!! I think he should at least TRY and see if there are some solutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty