Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 03:25 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Not all men do. How about speak for yourself.

Some women are ugly as sin without some makeup (even a bit of powder and mascara). Have you even seen the way most women over 25 look without makeup? If they are not naturally blessed with great skin and features, there's not much they can do besides use some makeup to look good.

A little goes a long way.

I cannot adore this "goddess"

Let me tell you a story. There was a woman who sent her 35 year old pic with zero make up to her crush overseas. He said he does not date teenagers or under
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 08:21 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
My husband had a shining lesson on just how unnatural natural looking make-up can be. He had stopped by a buddy's house to pick him up early in the morning, and his wife answered the door. Now, they've known each other for years, but my husband had no idea who it was at first because he had never seen her without make-up! He came home mystified, because I rarely wear anything more than tinted lip balm, so I sat him down and explained about contouring, highlighting etc, and how you can actually inconspicuously paint on a new face.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
When will women realize men prefer a natural look?
When will men realize that women don't much care what they prefer?

Most women dress to please themselves.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:49 PM

96 posts, read 88,040 times
Something I have noticed over the years, from guys I dated to my ex, was that after being together for a while the look I had when we first started dating, i.e. the look that attracted them to me, was something they started trying to change about me. I have always kept my hair blonde because it is the most attractive color for me. I have always been a very colorful person with clothing, home décor, etc. Just something I enjoy. After a while these guys would tell me they didn’t want my hair blonde anymore, didn’t like the style of clothing I wore and wanted me to change it, didn’t like jewelry on me. In other words, the very person I was that they had been attracted to at first they wanted to change, always to a much more “dowdy” look. I really believe they did it because of insecurity, and wanted me to be less attractive so other men wouldn’t find me nice looking. Not anything that can be proven of course, but I really believe it’s why men do that with their significant other.

Then, what’s the next thing that happens if you do what they ask? They no longer find you attractive either, and are no longer attracted to you and start pulling away, looking very openly at other women, cheating, etc. Go figure.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:25 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
I married an all natural California girl.. slender ..athletic.. blond.. all natural
I never was attracted to a woman who wore makeup whatsoever ..but that's me

I think for me... makeup is a disguise of the real person... and anyway at some point it has to come off.

Beauty is in the eye of self... generally whatever someone does to their own body to make themself feel better is OK...except when it becomes body altering unnaturally or in an unhealthy manner

I've always been more satisfied knowing the person I go to sleep with at night will be the same person I see in the morning.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:01 AM

74 posts, read 103,243 times
Makeup looks better from a distance. It looks like crap close up, but most people are going to see you from a distance. Either way, I don't care. As long as a girl has a good heart, she can win me over regardless of the cake on her face.

Last edited by worthlesshuman; 05-20-2015 at 11:52 AM..

Old 05-20-2015, 11:13 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthlesshuman View Post
Makeup looks better from a distance. It looks like crap close up, but most people are going to see you from distance. Either way, I don't care. As long as a girl has a good heart, she can win me over regardless of the cake on her face.
I think you may have just won the heart of every woman here.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:55 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,413,465 times
Natural looking make up looks so much better. Too often I see girls ruin their faces with a hideous amount of foundation, bronzer and eye make up..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty