Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 04:49 PM

36 posts, read 37,688 times

Advertisements

Sadly, the word feminine has come to be associated with many negative traits such as physically and emotionally weak, dependent on others and shallow or vain. Personally, I do not believe feminine actually means such things, but as it is so strongly associated with women and women continue to be bogged down by such cliche and out-dated stereotypes, I'm unsure this word or the meaning behind it will ever really sway back into a more positive light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 03:58 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,807,370 times
Softness.. manners, the way we talk and treat others... sincerity, empathy, cleanliness, caring and loving, and not false boobs, bums, nails, eyelashes or whatever.. beng whats termed a girly girl to me isnt feminine..its deportment and manners.,

Old 03-18-2015, 04:51 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,288,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Softness.. manners, the way we talk and treat others... sincerity, empathy, cleanliness, caring and loving, and not false boobs, bums, nails, eyelashes or whatever.. beng whats termed a girly girl to me isnt feminine..its deportment and manners.,
good post

to be serious, I do think most women are intrinsicly feminine in the sense they are natural nesters,, very caring heart ,see them around babies and the faces light up

women have a much better radar of empathy, consideration, caring .... women of the family, remembers the birthdays/anniversaries, sends out the xmas cards

women will make sure you don't leave the house hungry, will ask caring/heartfelt questions. most men think grew up in the school of hard knocks, and thinks its good to be challenged and weathered (as young adults)

men are often businesslike and stoic

I remember as a kid driving down a street on my bike.....going wayyy too fast,,i took a dump and scraped my face

right in front of an older couple doing lawn work

I got up bleeding trying not to cry- hurt like hell..

the old guy hollered- "why the hell you going so fast you got what you deserved, maybe you will learn next time" while the lady didn't say a word,,,instinctively got a towel to wipe my face and invited me in to have a snack or drink and offered to walk me home..

she was nice,,,he was a prick ...this is what I mean by a caring nester
I consider that feminine....but that's also intrinsic in most women -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty