Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:58 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Not all heels are uncomfortable. For one thing I REFUSE to buy and wear uncomfortable shoes no matter how low or high the heel is. I've had more experience w/ flats being uncomfortable after a few hours of wear more than I have heels. But then I don't go for the super pointy toed high heel shoes either.

Second, being that I'm only 5'3" it is almost impossible to find pants and jeans that are short enough. Petite sizes are too short and even look too short w/ flats. Therefore I usually have just the mid length (a few and I mean a VERY FEW makers make jeans/pants in different lengths) and wear a higher heel. It helps lengthen my body too even though it might only be a 2"-2 1/2" heel and helps my pants and jeans fit better. Besides the best and easiest outfit a woman can wear and still look somewhat dressed up is a pair of nice jeans, a nice black top and a pair of heeled black shoes or boots.

Oh, and not until a week ago did I FINALLY find a pair of black and brown flats that I actually liked and fit good. The flats that were out this winter season looked awful. I'm not into the retro 80's flats that are out nor am I into some of the ballet slippers (those are uncomfortable on my feet) and I don't want grandma shoes.
Glad to know that I am not the only woman in the world who is 5'3 and can't find pants in our length!!!!!

When I worked I wore heels all the time. I was used to wearing them and they were comfortable. Now that I stay home I wear flats. The last few times I have worn heels, boy oh boy, did my feet hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 05:18 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,288 times
Add me to the 5'3" and can't find pants that aren't super long. Like one of the pp's, I find heeled boots really comfortable and wear those on the weekends with my jeans or dress pants. I also do not like the new ballet flats, but I adore flip flops so I commit a fashion faux pas and wear them even in winter. Sometimes.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:32 AM

394 posts, read 2,003,152 times
I don't work, so I would be more inclined to wear heels on the weekend if we went out. I don't wear spikey heels though, just chunky heels. I'm only 5'2" and I like being a bit taller, and I have some really comfy chunky heeled shoes. They are stylish and I like them. Why should a woman wear low-heeled shoes, ever, if she can be comfortable wearing taller ones? I guess I don't understand what difference the day of the week makes.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:11 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,167 times
I am also in the petite category, and even the petite pants are to long for me...I am short what can I say. I wear high heels so my pants fit

Old 01-11-2008, 10:28 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Give me a girl in (negative heel) Earth shoes any day!
LOL! Hubby just got some Earth shoes. Had to order them online because when he asked around about Earth shoes at the shoe stores in the mall everyone just looked at him like he had two heads.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:53 AM

238 posts, read 823,902 times
I'm a gal who wouldn't be caught dead in high heels. I wear cowboy boots just about every day of the week.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:15 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,480 times
Because they can

Old 01-13-2008, 10:30 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
Life is too short for ugly shoes- I mean, 'Earth Shoes'? They sound....awful? Some flats are cute, but most flat shoes are just not dressy enough for certain occaisions or outfits. I'm lucky enough to not be tall so I get to wear plenty of heels. I would feel silly being 5-10 or higher in 4 inch heels. I don't wear heels to work in the yard or anything, but I do wear heels 80% of the time.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:31 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
I wear heels occasionally. I'm already tall and to make myself taller by adding 4 inch heels is silly to me so most of my heels are 2 inches and below.
My shoes are not flat (with no support) either.
I have nice shoes and boots that I wear and get compliments on.
My mom on the other hand (age 68) wears heels pretty much all the time. She feels more dressy in them. I think it's a June Cleaver thing.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:33 PM

30 posts, read 71,764 times
I worked in the city for a short time and it would drive my crazy to see women in nice business suits (skirts) and hose and sneakers before and after work.
I did the whole change my shoe routine also. but I picked a pair of comfortable and stylish flats. The whole running shoe thing really is a big pet peeve of mine no matter how comfortable you are going to tell me they are .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty