Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:48 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,270,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
My biggest problem with cross-body bags is that you really can't use them! I have to carry around a large tote bag or satchel to fit all my stuff. Most cross-body bags I see won't fit more than a credit card and cell phone.
My crossbody fits my iPad mini, cell phone, fat wallet, standard umbrella, a small bottle of saline, keys, bottle of supplements, various lip balms/lipsticks ... other various items.

Of course, I don't use a crossbody because it's a trend. I couldn't care less. I use it because it's functional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 10:47 AM

265 posts, read 404,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Enough with "cross-body" bags! Lol, they just look like 80s purses with long straps that were the style then.
I don't think crossbody bags are a current trend. They have always been around, and will most likely continue to do so. They come in different materials and sizes and are extremely functional.

It's like saying clutches, hobos, satchels, etc are trendy. Nope - those are just the different styles of bags out there, and while colors, designers and styles may come and go, I am sure crossbodys are here to stay.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:53 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
Beards on hipsters. Why hide your face behind this ugly bush?

Plus the douchebag glasses (sunglasses with white frame)

Old 01-27-2015, 11:02 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,301,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Yeah, right on! I'd really like to see the Duck Dynasty thing end. I'd also not shed a tear if women stopped with all the phony bologna body parts, etc. And the endless tat trend littering up the otherwise gorgeous skin on females... That's skin hoarding, and like home hoarding, it's just not pretty.

Last edited by picklejuice; 01-27-2015 at 11:34 AM..

Old 01-27-2015, 11:13 AM

29,449 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Plus the douchebag glasses (sunglasses with white frame)
My wife and I always laugh when we see someone with those.. actually didn't know the name was common. They usually have the Faux hawk hair style as well.

I too am not a fan of the hipster look , except for the footwear. Some wear vintage work boots which are cool.
Also hate the douchebag glasses , faux hawk hairstyles, and skinny jeans

Old 01-27-2015, 11:13 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,098 times
Skinny jeans. Just doesn't look good on petite, short, and (currently) overweight women like me. Or maybe I just wish I was skinnier.

And I've been seeing those bull-rings on girls across Instagram. Gross. Makes the prettiest girls look not pretty. Never been a fan of nose rings, and these bull rings are the worst.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:17 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Women shaving any part of their head. It looked stupid on Rihanna, and it looks stupid on you.
Hate this look as well, especially the one sided shaved look. I see women like Cassie(?) have this look, and although she is very pretty, the haircut just speaks desperation, trying to be cooler than everyone, but you're really not that cool with that stupid haircut.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:22 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
I don't like the five o'clock shadow on men - they always look like they just stumbled out of bed and realized they were late for work. Or hungover. Fine on a Saturday morning around the house or a hunting trip - not so fine in a business setting.

Speaking of men's fashions, I also DETEST the tight little short suit and sport jackets that make everyone look like PeeWee Herman. Dress like MEN, for heaven's sake - not little boys whose mother didn't have time to buy you a new jacket for Easter.

I love this look on men - it's timeless:

http://marshallmatlock.com/wp-conten...0mountains.jpg

http://www.swingfashionista.com/wp-c...cary+grant.jpg

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...kdjao1_500.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-72C7bLvEPh...and%2BDesi.jpg

And I hate - HATE - Ugg boots!

Old 01-27-2015, 11:48 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
As much as I adore Idris Elba - I always want to say to him, "Beard or no beard...why a whole beard on one part of your face and a beard shadow on the other?"

http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/upl...er-2-idris.jpg

And even though he's got that little bit of scruffy look, it's trimmed up - NO NECK BEARD. And notice that he's not wearing any of those skimpy little jackets or skinny jeans either. Real men don't wear tiny little clothes!

http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/-2...600&height=350

Just say no to neck beards - especially coupled with tight little clothes. You look like you can't decide if you want to be a man or a boy. We get it - you can grow hair on your neck. You can also probably pass gas pretty loudly and burp with gusto - but that doesn't mean you should inflict any of this on the public.

One day you're going to be shocked at just how much body hair you produce, but I guess for now it's cool. Not.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:04 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
My pet hate is those big silly baggy pants, is it harem pants.... but the worst fashion disaster ever had to be gladiator sandals and boots with the toes or heels out.. how daft is that .. and they look ugly... then Ive noticed cardigans with long fringing... I dont know what their all about...funnel neck coats are another I cant stand... and all these boxy style tops that do nothing for your figure that are out just now with wide sleeves..and all these bonded lace gold and silver tops and dresses that look as uncomfy as they must be on..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty