Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 11:43 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,105,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
I know guys that do this as well. Overall, here's my conclusion: people need to be comfortable with their own skin/own bodies. Hats can be utilitarian to bald men (and frequently are), but if someone is wearing a hat indoors (as one of my extended family members does), it should be because they love the hat, not because they are hiding their head (or lack of hair). There's things we can control (such as our fat% and build), hair thickness and pattern is not one of those things. Enjoy what you have or don't have.

In high school I had a friend who wore a had obviously to hide his quickly thinning hair... it was sad to see as his lack of self-confidence seemed based solely upon his looks. He was one of the smartest kids I ever knew and it was a shame to see him shackle himself to such a limitation. Be proud of yourself folks.. be the best you can be and realize the truth of that. Encourage your friends and family to be the same and this world will quickly become a better place for all of us.
Plus it's like they need to feel better About their head if someone decides to shave all their hair. I'm like " that was your decision and deal with it"

Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 12:00 PM

4,573 posts, read 5,691,585 times
Once you shave (or at least go to a buzz cut) it's a lot easier to wear a hat -- no issues with "hat head" when you take the hat off.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:28 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,265,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
They are always wearing a HAT lol

I thought the purpose of shaving them shaving their head bald was to rock the new look? I know two or three guys who always tell me to shave my head because due to the thinning but I always see them with a hat on? So they want me to shave my head and wear a hat all the time like they are doing all time? I had dinner with one of them last week and never removed his during the meal

My hair maybe thinning due to family history but I still have nice hair and have no intentions on shaving anything. I find that very weird about men who decide to go bald because it seems like they are still insecure about their head.

I don't care for women that shave their head.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:08 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,911,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Once you shave (or at least go to a buzz cut) it's a lot easier to wear a hat -- no issues with "hat head" when you take the hat off.

A hat fits better and is very comfortable when your hair is buzzed down to scalp. I have my hair and wear a hat most of the time. I do so for shade as I am photosensitive and my eyes grow tired after long periods of intense sunlight.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:16 PM

27,387 posts, read 27,431,542 times
Quote:
They are always wearing a HAT lol

I thought the purpose of shaving them shaving their head bald was to rock the new look? I know two or three guys who always tell me to shave my head because due to the thinning but I always see them with a hat on? So they want me to shave my head and wear a hat all the time like they are doing all time? I had dinner with one of them last week and never removed his during the meal

My hair maybe thinning due to family history but I still have nice hair and have no intentions on shaving anything. I find that very weird about men who decide to go bald because it seems like they are still insecure about their head.
Good for you! Some people just aren't meant to shave bald, regardless the reason! Thinning hair, the cowlick, on some people, again, are better off keeping that than shaving. Some peoples head shapes just don't fit the bald look. Some can look good, some just doesn't work out. My ex is doing that now, and he looks absolutely ridiculous, he did it because his dad did it, and for him, bleh, no one is impressed, its not just me.
Its your hair, if you choose to keep it, do it! Don't just shave because others 'think' you should. Youre the one who lives with it, not them.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:19 PM

27,387 posts, read 27,431,542 times
QUOTE=FBJ;38175517]Well the 3 who kept telling me to shave my head seem to have a issue showing their head. I personally never been into the human light bulb look lol[/quote]

People tell me I should do the short hair thing. Why, Im me, not everyone else. Who cares what style says we should do, you gotta do whats comfy for you, not for someone else. Lol @ the light bulb look!

Old 01-26-2015, 01:22 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,105,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
QUOTE=FBJ;38175517]Well the 3 who kept telling me to shave my head seem to have a issue showing their head. I personally never been into the human light bulb look lol

People tell me I should do the short hair thing. Why, Im me, not everyone else. Who cares what style says we should do, you gotta do whats comfy for you, not for someone else. Lol @ the light bulb look! [/quote]

That s what a bald head looks like, a human light bulb. Lol

Old 01-26-2015, 01:27 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,579,790 times
Do We Lose Heat Through Our Heads?

Old 01-26-2015, 01:41 PM

249 posts, read 459,153 times
I am bald and I do not like wearing a hat but like others have said, it really is almost a necessity in the summer and winter. I usually wear a beanie in the winter( take it off indoors of course) and I wear a baseball cap in the summer. I do try to get a nice tan on my head but when you sunburn your head it really does suck. You need to find that fine line without crossing it.

My friend is bald but he wears a hat 24/7 but he has a funky looking head so I do not blame him.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,939,325 times
Quote:
Solly will never have the light bulb loom. Lol
Hahaha well ok then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty