Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:43 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,757,389 times

Advertisements

When the weather turns cold, I start getting what I call "winter face". Redness along the top of the cheekbones and across the bridge of my nose, and often accompanied by a few tiny little white pimples that go away within the day (but appear in new spots the next day).

During non-winter months, my skin is normal -- neither dry nor oily, and I don't have any sort of complexion problems. But as soon as the temp drops to freezing or below, there's my winter face again.

At first, I thought I wasn't cleansing it enough (because of the tiny pimples) but washing more than I normally do (plain warm water morning and evening) just made it worse. So then I thought it was winter dryness, and started moisturizing, but that also made it worse. I've tried several different oil-free moisturizers that are supposed to be for face and around the eyes, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Am I doomed to just suffer with this as long as I live in a cold climate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 12:49 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times
I remember that there was a poster here on cd that wore plastic bags over his head to beat the winter cold.
seriously.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
I remember that there was a poster here on cd that wore plastic bags over his head to beat the winter cold.
seriously.
That sounds like a "permanent" solution.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:00 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times
well it is one of the best threads ive EVER read on cd! someone suggested that the plastic bag wearing person use a fishbowl on his head instead or a brown paper bag with eye holes cut out to impersonate the unknown comic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
That sounds like a "permanent" solution.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:00 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,347 times
Do you use moisturizer on your hands during the winter that you don't use other times of the year? I am asking because if so, you could be getting the hand moisturizer on your face.
Also, your skin could be overreacting to the dryness of winter, by producing more oil to combat the dryness, thus pimples.
Beyond that, I am not sure. I get some itchy spots of dryness on my face here and there during the winter, but don't usually break out.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
Do you use moisturizer on your hands during the winter that you don't use other times of the year? I am asking because if so, you could be getting the hand moisturizer on your face.
Also, your skin could be overreacting to the dryness of winter, by producing more oil to combat the dryness, thus pimples.
Beyond that, I am not sure. I get some itchy spots of dryness on my face here and there during the winter, but don't usually break out.
No, I use the same stuff year 'round. It's just kind of annoying more than anything. I know it's weather related because it goes away in the spring and comes back in late fall.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:15 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Do you wear a scarf or some other thing over your face? I used to have a wool scarf & my skin HATED the wool. I got a reaction very similar to what you are describing.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
Do you wear a scarf or some other thing over your face? I used to have a wool scarf & my skin HATED the wool. I got a reaction very similar to what you are describing.
No...I wish it were that easy of a solution!! I'm frustrated!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:40 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,945,470 times
I get the red face too.....not sure why. Probably will have roseaca someday

Old 01-07-2008, 03:09 PM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
I get nasty little red pimples on the end of my nose in the winter--and it's not even that cold here. And I'm 51, too, you'd think I'd be too old for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty