Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 02:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,127,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
I don't have a 10 inch difference when I gain weight it's more like 8 and a half.

My issue with skirts tends to be my hips many fabrics fall flat on them. Maybe it's too big? I don't really know.
What does "fall flat on them" mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 02:24 PM

4,615 posts, read 5,537,131 times
We can debate and discuss this till the cows come home but really the bottom line is if you dont have a small waist AND a flat stomach you are NOT going to look anything like them.

Eat right and exercise and you can greatly help your predicament when it comes to having a small waist and FLAT stomach.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:46 PM

459 posts, read 774,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
We can debate and discuss this till the cows come home but really the bottom line is if you dont have a small waist AND a flat stomach you are NOT going to look anything like them.

Eat right and exercise and you can greatly help your predicament when it comes to having a small waist and FLAT stomach.
I have a flatter waist than all of them. My waist is 23"... You've seen me before. I am currently skinnier than all of them. I just don't like being stuck at 100 lbs. like no wiggle room at all.

At my heavier weight my measurements(37.5-25.5-34) were similar to kat dennings(38-27-35) yet I don't look as nice as her in clothing as she does. Everything falls where flat and never cynches in at my waistline.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
What does "fall flat on them" mean?
Its that way with both jeans and skirts I've never tried body con though.

Skirts in general that are flowy just go straight on me it seems.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:53 PM

17,657 posts, read 39,494,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post

Exactly. Diet and exercise are the only things that will NATURALLY give you the best figure that you can genetically have. If you aren't happy with it at an ideal weight, you will have to "enhance."

OP, you have had many threads here on figure and how to alter yours. Not sure why you keep asking basically the same questions. Nothing is going to change here. You are what you are, and frankly most of your image issues are all in your head - your pix you posted in the past look just fine. Be grateful you look that good! I am sure many would be envious.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,127,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
Its that way with both jeans and skirts I've never tried body con though.

Skirts in general that are flowy just go straight on me it seems.
I think you potentially have straighter/narrower hips. To make those flared skirts flare, you need a fabric that has enough structure to flare on its own. A stiffer fabric or one with pleating will flare more. Also, pay attention to where the flare starts. It should start where you do.

You can also try a trumpet skirt or drop waisted dress which will give you width in the lower body.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Since Sofia V. is being discussed so much here: first I will say she is defiitely a gorgeous woman with a great figure. That said, I agree she is not exactly an hourglass - she is tall and slim, slim hips and a large top, yes an inverted triangle. I am a Latina, built almost exactly the same way. Raquel W. was more of a true hourglass back in the day.

There are many images of Sofia you can google, and see for yourselves. Nothing wrong with that at all! This figure type is the easiest to create an hourglass illusion. I wear bottoms with a "curvy cut" and tops that accentuate shoulders and waist to give more of that "nipped-in" illusion.

Short of liposuction where fat can be vacuumed off one part and injected into another, you can't really redo your basic shape. I have been athletic all my life, and can only make the best of what I've got. Don't have much booty and never will, despite all the squats/lunges etc. I do.
What's a curvy cut?

I think I know everything I need to know on how to accentuate the top half. It's just like I always take a picture with friends in jeans and I always hate how my hips and waistline look compared to everyone. Because I'll be the same weight as most of my friends yet I look like the fattest one. Just by gaining 10 lbs. I am going to try waist cynchers. See how that works. Maybe I won't look as thick then.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Exactly. Diet and exercise are the only things that will NATURALLY give you the best figure that you can genetically have. If you aren't happy with it at an ideal weight, you will have to "enhance."

OP, you have had many threads here on figure and how to alter yours. Not sure why you keep asking basically the same questions. Nothing is going to change here. You are what you are, and frankly most of your image issues are all in your head - your pix you posted in the past look just fine. Be grateful you look that good! I am sure many would be envious.
I've never made any threads about trying to gain weight and how to dress a bigger figure which is what this thread is about... I know how to dress my figure currently. I just don't really know how to dress my figure when I'm 10-20 lbs heavier though.

I've been manipulating my diet several times over to get a better figure. That's how I got a 22-23" waist to begin with but everytime I gain weight to a healthier weight my proportions mess up.

I've also looked into supplements that help with enhancement. But I'm not doing anything until next year.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:34 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,622,880 times
Hourglass shape body - Learn to dress yours

Old 12-24-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think you potentially have straighter/narrower hips. To make those flared skirts flare, you need a fabric that has enough structure to flare on its own. A stiffer fabric or one with pleating will flare more. Also, pay attention to where the flare starts. It should start where you do.

You can also try a trumpet skirt or drop waisted dress which will give you width in the lower body.
I have narrower hips than average. But like the examples I spoke of above I do have a difference between my hips and waist. Which is what I was talking about.

I like the idea of a trumpet skirt though thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty