Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 09:26 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,204,349 times

Advertisements

I have very thick Mickey Mouse PJ pants I wear. They aren't very adult, but very warm however. So those are great for sleeping when the room is chilly. But I have to be really cold, otherwise my legs are fine, and arms tend to be what gets really cold on me, in which case I just have a long-sleeve shirt I put on over my current shirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 09:37 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,670,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I don't wear them outside of my house EVER.
This made me smile since flannel pajamas are popular public wear here. You see women of all ages out and about in their pjs.

I don't wear pajamas myself, indoors or out, but I have a couple of big, loose flannel dresses that I love to wear when its cold, with a union suit underneath when its super cold

Old 12-06-2014, 09:53 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,196,221 times
I love to wear flannel pj's and so does my hubby. These days we often wear the mis-matched kind - for example, plaid bottoms and a tee-shirt top. If I'm really cold, I wear pj bottoms under my Lanz of Salsberg nightgown. Those are wonderful! Somebody must have forgotten to give us the memo in this house about pj's being out of style, because we all wear them, except grandbaby, who is in a sleeper.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:20 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,697,634 times
Im wondering what people are picturing when they think of pajamas. No, i dont think anyone is wearing those old style "trap door" onesie pajamas with the built in feet anymore.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:25 PM

42,000 posts, read 75,350,589 times
Most of my jammies are cotton knit leggings with matching tunic tops. Very comfy, and modest if I'm traveling and forgot my bathrobe.

My college housemate (and new grandma!) still wears the one-piece footed pajamas - she posts pictures of herself wearing them on Facebook all the time... I had one set in college - extremely uncomfortable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Used to wear Barbizon with cuddle (something or other) flannel on the inside
I loved these! Soft and warm on the inside, but they didn't stick to the sheets on the outside.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:25 AM

348 posts, read 417,732 times
I currently live in Texas, but I'm originally from MO where it gets quite cold in the winter. I also tend to be unusually cold all the time.
My fiance bought me a beautiful red plaid flannel set that includes comfy drawstring pants, bathrobe, long-sleeved long gown, and a red thermal shirt to go with the bottoms. I LOVE it. Best gift. Seriously. I wear them around the house a lot to lounge around in. Sometimes I wear them at night when he has the AC cranked up because he's always hot. But, like some of the other posters, I tend to toss it all off in bed and just snuggle under soft cotton sheets and thick fuzzy blankets.

As a side note, it was INCREDIBLY difficult to find a good quality set of 100% cotton flannel pajamas for women that fits well - most seem designed for tiny teen-aged girls. I am so happy for the set I have. Believe it or not, my fiance heard the recommendation on the Howard Stern show. >_<

EDIT: Oh yeah, I've heard advertising isn't allowed so I left out the brand...but if any of you want to know, just drop me a PM.

-T.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:00 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,075,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
So I just got as a gift a pair of flannel pjs which is the first time I have had proper pjs in several years. I mentioned this to a friend and she claimed that nobody wears pjs any more. I think that in cold weather climates especially when the heating goes down (or even off) at night wearing pjs makes sense. So for the ladies reading this that live in areas with cold weather seasons, what do you wear for sleeping at night?
This bolded statement made me laugh. Is the 'friend' the pj police? Does she go to other's homes at bedtime to see what they wear to bed? Does she actually believe she makes the rules as to what others wear?

Love my pjs! They are my comfort wear during the colder seasons, I enjoy putting them on a few hours before bedtime and being cozy watching tv or reading.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:49 AM

43,776 posts, read 44,554,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
This bolded statement made me laugh. Is the 'friend' the pj police? Does she go to other's homes at bedtime to see what they wear to bed? Does she actually believe she makes the rules as to what others wear?

Love my pjs! They are my comfort wear during the colder seasons, I enjoy putting them on a few hours before bedtime and being cozy watching tv or reading.
I didn't make the statement bolded but rather "city-data forum" (perhaps a moderator?!) made it bold!
As for my friend she doesn't live in a cold weather climate so perhaps that is where her statement came from. But the conversation left me wondering and therefore I decided to pose the question here.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:27 AM

178 posts, read 232,847 times
I used to just wear long sleeved shirts and sweatpants to sleep. However, I recently bought a few sets of fleece PJ's from Costco. I really like them and have been wearing them everyday.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:44 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,785,291 times
When I get home from work in the winter, I often will change into my flannel or fleece pj pants and a tshirt. I'll wear them around the house in the evening, but many times when it's time for bed, I strip off the pjs and slide into bed. Unless my kids are home. Then I wear the pjs to sleep too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty