Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 02:43 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,071 times

Advertisements

Asians: a strange walk, almost like they don't want their feet to touch the ground for too long. They sort of "stroke" the ground instead of "mashing" the ground.

Blacks (male): three distinct styles. They walk upright, almost military style. Some walk smooth but with a certain "black man swag" that is common amongst older distinguished men. The third style is what most people think of with young black men, leaning to the side with a long stride with one leg and a short step with the other leg.

Latinos (male): Rigid back, deliberate pacing. Similar to the way a panther stalks it's prey.

White (male): Either slouchy or more rigid depending on height....no "extra" in the walk.

White (female): only notable aspect is how they carry their purse. Purse on the wrist, with the wrist facing the ceiling signals "high maintenance." Purse over shoulder means "down to earth."

These are all generalizations that ARE NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 04:36 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR25 View Post
What I have a problem with is people who walk slow. It's hard to get around them especially when they're walking three abreast on a sidewalk.
yes!! and the inconsiderate walkers, the slow walking sloths, that walk hand in hand like two elephants you cant get around them !!!!

Old 09-29-2014, 05:45 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Hate lazy walkers... the ones who slovenly skliff along the street slowly swaying hitting their horrible flip flops with a slap off the pavement.. also hate rockers.. the ones like Julia Roberts who rock from side to side. its ugly.. stooped over walkers arent nice either, a nice walk makesa person stand out from the crowd...What about the ones who paddle their way along with their arms as if their arms dont belong and stick out at the sides allowing them to move forward while paddling..

Last edited by dizzybint; 09-29-2014 at 06:08 AM..

Old 09-30-2014, 06:48 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
I don't notice a lot about how people walk, generally, except

a) people who have exceptionally slow, lazy walks, or

b) women I see occasionally who can't walk in the high heels they're wearing. They have either purchased shoes that are clearly too large or too small for their feet, or maybe the shoes are very uncomfortable (very high/stiletto heels always look painful, to me). Either way, they don't look very elegant when they walk in them.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:33 PM

2,429 posts, read 4,019,885 times
Yea, women in high heels....
I hate to see them in a high heel where either their normal gait -- or the heel height -- has caused them to walk to one side so much the heel of the shoe is leaning over so much the foot is almost falling out of the shoe.

Clearly that heel is too high for them, or they have the wrong gait or stride for that heel height. The heel has been so worn to the side it's slanted.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:46 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
I've noticed a lot of people tend to walk like ducks, with their feet pointed slightly outward instead of straight ahead. It's kind of funny to watch.

I agree with the OP that people should stand up straight when they walk. I'm 5'11" and I think I walk very straight. People tell me that I walk very quickly. I think people should walk with purpose, like they have somewhere to go, rather than looking like they're just sauntering around aimlessly.
When you're bowlegged, it's natural for your toes to point out, because your calfs angle outward.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:09 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
The way I walk depends on what I'm doing. If I'm with my friends and/or gf, I might slouch a little with my head out, kinda, keep my head closer to theirs as we talk, kinda like Shaggy Rogers. In a hurry, I have a swift gait that since high school, I'm told I bounce up and down, at 6'4, when at a normal pace with some one shorter than me, it's usually two of their steps to one of mine. Usually in a hurrry, I take longer strides that is kinda like a Bigfoot walk. Generally at night, or just regularly walking, I have that nearly brisk action hero, Johnny Bravo, closed fist walk. If I am in the mood, I switch when I walk, better than most women.

I never considered the way anyone walks as an attraction, seems unecessary to me. I just hate slow walkers, and usually when at cruising speed, people get out of my way. It's worse inside places like say the mall, do you fools habe any sense of urgancy, move out of my way, uggh, I haye slowaz walking people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty