Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 06:19 AM

95 posts, read 504,569 times

Advertisements

Jessica McClintock #3 is my favorite floral perfume. It comes in a beautiful bottle with an engraved flower design lid. Pretty to look at but the scent is the best I've experienced in florals. Makes you feel beautiful and reminds you of a spring day. May sound cheezy but ya gotta give it a try!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 04:22 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,490,633 times
I love Ralph Lauren. I love other perfumes too...but this one is what you're looking for. I don't know if it has a specific name-there are other perfumes out there by Raph...but this comes in a round bottle and it is blue. Not navy blue...but blue nonetheless. There is pink too, but I have only tried the blue.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:48 AM

324 posts, read 883,497 times
I wear Spring Flowers by Creed. It was designed for Audrey Hepburn I like light, clean and crisp scents. I wish they could bottle the smell of clean laundry, especially after I wash it in the white lilac Pure Essentials scent. I love the way the house smells when laundry is drying and if they could bottle that scent I would be in heaven!!

Old 12-27-2007, 03:44 PM

220 posts, read 1,109,402 times
I love Indiana by Creed. Also, Jo Malone fragrances especially French Lime Blossom and Verbena of Provence worn together.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:59 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,288 times
I just discovered Moon Beam by Escada and it's lovely!

Old 12-28-2007, 03:26 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Some of my favorite floral scents that my wife uses:

Truly Pink - Vera Wang
Sheer Veil - Vera Wang
Bvlgari - Dont know what its called. My favorite.
Michael - Michael Kors
Burberry - Dont know the name. But its nice.
Dolce and Gabana - another that smells nice on her but I dont know the name.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:29 PM

95 posts, read 504,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post

Truly Pink - Vera Wang
Sheer Veil - Vera Wang
Bvlgari - Dont know what its called. My favorite.
Michael - Michael Kors
Burberry - Dont know the name. But its nice.
Dolce and Gabana - another that smells nice on her but I dont know the name.
Vera Wang, Burberry, Dolce & Gabana are the bomb digitty!
I got Michael Kors as a gift, it is a little too overwhelming for me, WHOA! lol...

Old 12-30-2007, 08:51 AM

291 posts, read 1,075,209 times
I was a bad girl and bought two fragrances yesterday . My dear uncle bought me a perfume that I haven't worn for years now (Christian Dior J'Adore) and I returned it to Sephora for a credit. Well I overspent and ended up burning an extra $30 whole in my wallet . I needed something for daytime that wouldn't be overwhelming for people around me, because Lord knows I don't want to be "that girl" stinking up the office.

Anyway, I ended up with Philosophy's "Falling in Love"- the description on Sephora's website is :

"Falling In Love Fragrance
A lush combination sure to send any heart a flutter. This soft blend of vanilla, soft florals, and ripe berries goes on sweet and dries down sexy.
Notes:
Vanilla, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Musk, Blackberry.
Style:
Fresh. Sexy. Clean."

I also ended up buying Benefit's "Maybe Baby" which is described as follows:

"Maybe Baby
Sparkling and flirtatious, Maybe Baby is a warm and inviting fragrance that captures a playful tumble of white blossoms. Like a wink from across the room, or a lingering gaze or shy smile ... it's a tempting tease.
Notes:
Apricot, White Ginger, Fresh Water Blossoms, Himalayan Poppy, Warm Peach.
Style:
Flirty. Sexy. Inviting"

LOVE! They're both fruity florals, but a bit more sophisticated and understated that lots of perfumes out there. I can't speak for my boyfriend, but my kitten would not leave my side when I came home wearing "Falling in Love." He was smitten! I never realized animals were so sensitive to fragrance!

Old 12-30-2007, 08:57 AM

291 posts, read 1,075,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I wear Spring Flowers by Creed. It was designed for Audrey Hepburn I like light, clean and crisp scents. I wish they could bottle the smell of clean laundry, especially after I wash it in the white lilac Pure Essentials scent. I love the way the house smells when laundry is drying and if they could bottle that scent I would be in heaven!!
They have! Check out the perfume line "CLEAN" they seem to specialize in that type of scent- they have fragrances called "Warm Cotton," "Fresh Laundry," "Shower Fresh," etc. I cannot vouch for them since I haven't tried them myself, but Warm Cotton sounds delish!

Old 01-01-2008, 04:41 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
I'm a big fan of Versace Woman. My friends got it for me in high school and at first I hated it, but after it sitting in my room for 2 years, I came back from college and absolutely love it. Maybe my pheromones have changed? :P It's florally but not in a sickeningly sweet way. I don't leave home without it now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty