Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 08:08 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,202,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Find a good artist. They're better with color. Black should not fade quickly. Neither should blues or greens.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I will do a black, or dark blue. May even get one more tattoo. But something tribal, I always loved those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 11:08 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,318,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Cool. Thanks for the info. I will do a black, or dark blue. May even get one more tattoo. But something tribal, I always loved those.
You might talk to a good artist about adding on to the one you've got. Give it a different look and feel.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:12 PM

19,757 posts, read 20,312,780 times
Quote:
Black I could do, but does black fade faster?

A nice dark blue could work. The pic I got was a pretty blue. But after it went on my skin, it became a teal lol
My tatts were done in all black ink 4yrs ago.. I have fair skin and they've now become a navy blue- which is actually what I wanted. That's kinda the reason I chose black, as I knew it would fade and I wanted that blue-ish result lol.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You might talk to a good artist about adding on to the one you've got. Give it a different look and feel.
I may. Tattoos aren't cheap. So it will be a bit, plus since the place I got my old one is closed down, I may look for some in the neighboring city. See the shops--if they look clean, and check out any selections they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
My tatts were done in all black ink 4yrs ago.. I have fair skin and they've now become a navy blue- which is actually what I wanted. That's kinda the reason I chose black, as I knew it would fade and I wanted that blue-ish result lol.
My skin has no color in it at all. I'm black, but have albinism. So I am very fair. lol I can't even get a tan--no color at all. So, I will have to ask about that. I think the tat was much dark the first bit I had it. But I look now, and it seems to have changed some. Unless the artist just did a bad or wrong blue.

So, any other tattoos I get will probably be black, just because dark shows better. My mother got a black tattoo-Japanese writing, and her's still looks good. She got hers' before I got mine, around 2-3 years prior. And it hasn't broken off, or turned grey yet lol I had forgotten about her tat. So I can look at hers, and see how it held up.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:45 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,423,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I have gotten my colors redone in the past. Ink fades. But, remember, fundamentally, a tattoo is a scar, so you can only get it reinked by increasing the scar tissue. Do it to often and you will end up with raised lines.

So, I would NOT get red. It is the least stable color and fades the fastest.

I've got 7+ year old tattoos with red and the color has held up great, whereas the orange was almost completely gone. Also, not all inks are created equal, maybe you just got a "bad" red ink?

Old 07-20-2014, 11:28 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,935,035 times
Get purple added to it and tiny flowers under it giving the illusion the butterfly is coming at you.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:41 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,347,402 times
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, which tribe do you belong to?

Old 07-20-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Just out of curiosity, which tribe do you belong to?
None. Strictly decorative.

Like these.
http://www.findyourtattoo.net/wp-con...ns-For-Men.jpg
http://slodive.com/wp-content/upload...bal-tattoo.jpg
http://www.fashionminutes.com/wp-con...L-TATTOO-2.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xd_5zqOd5t...oulder+men.jpg
http://www.tribalall.com/images/trib...s-pictures.jpg
These are tribal. The last one I like.

Like how some may wear a cross necklace, but because they look good, not because they're Christian.

So, the tribal tattoos I like, just because some of them look nice.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:10 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,347,402 times
Personally, I think tribal tattoos are so overdone. Everyone and his grandmother has one.
It's a great way to express your individuality....by looking like everybody else.

Oh well; it's your skin.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:09 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,858,168 times
I have a tat and it hasnt faded but i would be sad if it did. Its just writing on my wrist though.

---------
OP, please get something YOU like. Dont get the infinity symbol, tribal, etc just because other people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty