Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you rather give up?
I would give up shorts and keep flip-flops/sandals 49 45.79%
I would give up flip-flops/sandals and keep shorts 58 54.21%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 10:26 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,289,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I don't like seeing other peoples nasty toenails, etc, etc, so I would not wear them myself and would ban them on other people. I wear longer shorts year round here in steamy Florida. I gave up vanity along about age 55 and go for comfort.
I gave up vanity a long time ago myself in favor of comfort, which is why I don't care if other people don't like seeing my toes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 11:29 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,948,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I would give up the flip flops, they also make nice slip on closed toe shoes designed for the river or beach that I could wear, I prefer closed toe footwear in public, to protect my feet better and driving

ever try driving wearing flip flops? it doesnt feel right to me?
I tried to ride my bike with flip flops right after a pedicure. My feet were too slippery, and I had to go up hill. It was a super fail. I was struggling walking up the hill with my bike. And the flops had a textured sole!

Old 07-15-2014, 11:42 AM

45,558 posts, read 60,822,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Ah, any of you remember my early days on this forum . I was just like the OP.

I will give up my shorts and wear a dhoti instead.
You know, when I first saw the title of the thread I thought of you.

So which is it? Shorts or sandals? Oh, wait a minute, I see your answer.

My question is about whether Hawaiian shirts go better with sneakers or sandals.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:49 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,154,750 times
I am the President of the Anti-flip Flp Society. I encourage everyone to wear sneakers or shoes and socks Thank You. I approve of this message.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:50 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,239,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You know, when I first saw the title of the thread I thought of you.

So which is it? Shorts or sandals? Oh, wait a minute, I see your answer.

My question is about whether Hawaiian shirts go better with sneakers or sandals.
No Kidding . It was a nice deja vu. I gave up this practice long back though.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:54 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,329,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Silly question/poll. Why would I have to give up one?

Sorry, but I am a critical thinker and need know WHY on stuff like this. Also, being in Los Angeles and a frequent beach goer, I cant imagine why anyone would think of HAVING to give up one.
I agree, I am swimming against the tide myself. I don't go to the beach but when I am not working I am wearing my shorts and my Crocs (never before wore flip flops in my life)...and I keep my feet in tip-top 'pedi' condition (winter, summer, spring, and fall).

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
San Diego would be full of a lot of very unhappy and uncomfortable people.
As well as many other cities across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and maybe Antarctica as well (can't honestly say for sure).

Old 07-15-2014, 01:05 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,289,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I am the President of the Anti-flip Flp Society. I encourage everyone to wear sneakers or shoes and socks Thank You. I approve of this message.
Oh hell no. I HATE socks. HATE HATE HATE.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:49 PM

758 posts, read 1,643,268 times
I never (or at least rarely...never say never) wear flip flops, or even sandals. So definitely give those up. To be honest, I wish most people would. Flip flops are nasty.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:53 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,948,345 times
I think everyone should get pedicures occasionally. Men and women!

Old 07-15-2014, 02:13 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,060,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Silly question/poll. Why would I have to give up one?
Well yeah, its just a silly question. But thats usually what "Would You Rather.." questions are.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/kristinchiri...thritysomethin
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/t...uld-you-rather
http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjeffe...ed-with-sloths

I personally do not wear shorts, and I hate wearing socks, so of course I would choose to go without shorts in favor of sandals. I want to move somewhere warmer where I can wear sandals year round, or at least wear them without the fear of my feet getting frost bite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty