Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 04:48 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,370,668 times

Advertisements

Anyone else remember the book Color Me Beautiful and the concept of everyone having a particular "Season" for their colouring?

I read the book and figure that I'm a Spring. So warm colours and cobalt blues are more flattering for me.

I've noticed that I don't look as good in pale shades as I do in deep, vivid shades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 05:22 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Re: rich brown, rust, dark green

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I like those combinations but I don't think they work for me.
I think it helps if you were born with auburn hair.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:36 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,394,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Anyone else remember the book Color Me Beautiful and the concept of everyone having a particular "Season" for their colouring?

I read the book and figure that I'm a Spring. So warm colours and cobalt blues are more flattering for me.

I've noticed that I don't look as good in pale shades as I do in deep, vivid shades.
Hah!i think there was a makeup line that went with that. That was the worst makeup. I have photos of me with some crazy bright colors. ( my moms best friend sold it) I was a winter, I think.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,030,431 times
I love greys and olives, but I look best in jewel tones (sigh).

Old 06-19-2014, 08:19 PM

551 posts, read 583,202 times
Blue-grey, black, fire engine red, peach, turquois, white in the summer when I'm tan.

I look worst in forest green, and most jewel tones.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:32 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,261,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post

OMG, I'm so excited to find someone else who remembers that system! So many of my friends and I found it actually was completely on target. I'm an autumn and I had already naturally gravitated to many of the colors recommended for me. But I adopted some of the recommendations and I thought all of them were spot on.

Amazon sells the old book but there's a revised edition, too.

If there was ever a makeup line associated with it, I was unaware of that. Sounds like someone trying to capitalize on a best-selling book.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:45 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Navy blue looks the best, especially in winter. My soft and fair skin can be visualized much better.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:38 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,352,458 times
Interestingly, throughout my life, I've gone through color phases, sometimes for long stretches of time. Like another said, I have clothing in probably every color, but my faves would be soft pink, black & white, although I've noticed I wear varying shades of beige & gray the most lately... maybe as I'm interviewing.

I get the most compliments in baby blue & soft orange... of course, they might be geared towards the garment styles & not necessarily the color. I'm very fair & blonde, so darker colors on me mean slightly stronger eye makeup, so I don't look washed out, with people continually asking if I'm tired, have a headache or am getting over the flu.

One trick my mum taught me as a teen, was to wear softer colors near the face & less flattering colors from the waist down. That way, I can wear cranberry & olives (sounds like a yuppie sandwich store... haha) without fading away.

Navy blue, reds & medium-dark browns do nothing for me near my face... perhaps as I'm not fond of those colors anyway. They look better on those with darker skin/hair.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:07 AM

11 posts, read 13,808 times
I love to wear generally dark colors like black and royal blue.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:35 AM

261 posts, read 418,476 times
Most any shade of blue, but especially a light blue makes my eyes look blue as the sky, or so I been told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty