Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:39 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,798,285 times

Advertisements

Yes, some upper class and college educated people have tattoos, but does anyone have any studies they want to bring into the discussion about the percent of highly educated people who have tattoos vs. someone with just a High School Diploma?

Old 06-04-2014, 11:50 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,376,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Have you asked yourself why you don't date or marry men with tattoos?
An ex-fiance has about six tattoos. I like men who sport good, custom artwork, be it sleeves, back pieces... whatever. But the majority of men that are my type do not have any or a lot of tattoos. It has nothing to do with "not dating," as in I don't have a preference either way. But in terms of personality traits, commonalities, chemistry, etc., the majority of the men I have dated didn't have tattoos. They have very clean cut or seemingly straight-laced appearances, but I don't necessarily seek out this appearance. It simply comes with the package.

Quote:
This is avery difficult issue for many.
Depends on where one lives. It hasn't been difficult in any area I've lived.

Quote:
Judging others because of tattoos is not right, but how does one get around this? In my case I get around this by knowing the person and realizing they are OK. But, why do I have to do this?
Do what? Everyone has biases to one degree or another. People judge. The error is making assumptions or generalizations. Doing such is fallacious and erroneous.

Quote:
My wife likes Adam Levine a lot, but she always says: "I wish he did not have tattoos, they do not match him". Why is that? Why do we have this built-in prejudice?
That's her own bias. Adam Levine looks the part to me.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:32 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,353,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post

That's her own bias. Adam Levine looks the part to me.
My wife thinks the guy is a Ferrari therefore, he did not need bumper stickers. So I guess it is simply a difference, nothing more.

But, how do you deal with the fact that tattoos are so common in criminals? I cannot get around that one.

Lastly you seem to fly in a social circle where tattoos are uncommon. Why?

I hope you don't mind my questions. I am making a HUGE effort to understand tattoos. BTW, I find that the arabic temporary tattoos in the hands are insanely sexy. Do I think that way because they are temporary?

Old 06-04-2014, 02:11 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,248,267 times
We won't allow our kids to get tattoos while "under our roof". We both have them, but I don't want my kids to get something stupid that they'll regret.

I rank tattoos in two categories: Sexy and Trahy lol! Anything on the neck, face, hands or lower arms is generally trashy. Or tattoos where people are using their bodies for random graffiti. But I find it sexy when a man has something artistic or tribal that you can't see when he's dressed for work.

I have one tattoo on my upper arm, and I didn't get it until I was 30. It was one of those things I decided to do before I got too old lol! And I've never regretted it. I actually wish it were bigger. But I don't think a teenager can make a wise decision about tattoos, generally speaking. And starting that young with multiple tattoos could lead to later regret.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:30 PM

44,376 posts, read 20,086,203 times
People, another thread has been ruined because it strayed far from the question posed in the opening post. Off-topic, orphaned and rude posts have been deleted. The thread is now closed.

Thank you, those who did stay on topic and posted insightful comments.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty