Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 11:31 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,653,017 times

Advertisements

shave head here and love it, maint free.
I would never do a hair transplant, never.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 11:08 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Yes, I briefly dated a guy who had done this. It was a deal breaker, whereas baldness is fine. Use rogaine instead.
For most, Rogaine doesn't work well in the front. Also, Propecia is not much better there for many guys. Meanwhile, "baldness is fine" only to some women. That leaves hair transplant and all its negatives as maybe the best option. Men should get more sympathy for hair loss.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:49 PM

14,254 posts, read 14,754,235 times
When I first started noticing my thinning/receding hair line, I was concerned. I did not like the looks of it. I did spend time researching the alternatives including drugs but never a toupee nor comb over......LOL

Bottom line was I decided hair loss was genetic and/or inevitable so just accept it and deal with it naturally as it occurs.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:16 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,380 times
You gotta love all the bravado and BS being thrown around. I've got a full head of hair and even at my advanced age I am thankful for that. However, if I were to lose my hair I'm not sure I'd go the transplant route but I can guarantee you that 99% of men would rather have hair than not. No one thinks any less of a person if they're bald but if a guy wants a transplant why the need to call him a [Snip.] and get so defensive? It's a personal choice and if they've got the money and it bothers them enough to consider it then the more power to them.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-03-2014 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:48 PM

2,284 posts, read 3,940,157 times
I'm 51, still have a full head of hair (with normal temple recession) and am grateful for it. At this point in my life, I'm more concerned about the gray hair that's starting to sprout in my temple area and the fact that I can't read without prescription glasses.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:43 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
You gotta love all the bravado and BS being thrown around. I've got a full head of hair and even at my advanced age I am thankful for that. However, if I were to lose my hair I'm not sure I'd go the transplant route but I can guarantee you that 99% of men would rather have hair than not. No one thinks any less of a person if they're bald but if a guy wants a transplant why the need to call him a [Snip.] and get so defensive? It's a personal choice and if they've got the money and it bothers them enough to consider it then the more power to them.
The reason is because we who have taken the clippers to our noggin understand the freedom that comes from accepting your fate and letting go of your hair. We have a ton of energy wrapped up in our hair, you don't notice that fact until you no longer have any. Once it's gone it's like "jezzus, what on earth what I going on about for all those years?".

It's just not worth the money and side effects, truly. Hair transplants don't give you your hair back, not the way it was before you started losing it. The density and coverage will never be the same. Personally, I'd rather buy a nice car with the money then have a few more hairs on top of my head.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:04 AM

1,326 posts, read 1,139,616 times
Just say NO to hair transplants! Yuck and it is obvious even if you think yours looks natural. Plus bald/short/buzzed/shaved is so sexy on you men!

Old 06-06-2014, 11:15 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,650 times
I can completely see why no one would want transplants. What I don't understand is when guys don't shave it all, and choose to leave some "scraps" ala George Costanza. That's just not a good look.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
I think if transplants produced a better outcome - we'd all be on board with transplants IF that's what the guy wants.

But they don't always look natural. As such, most of prefer the bald look to a toupe or lousy transplant.

Sometimes you just have to go with it.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:59 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,593,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Because maybe we don't care about a bunch of dead cells covering our head?

Just buzz it all off and get on with life. It's a bold masculine look that younger people with full heads of hair are voluntarily doing. Makes your "badass" level go up instantly. Also is super easy to live with.

Besides, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay someone thousands of dollars to put a massive scar across the back of my head. No thanks. Don't know where you heard about "no scarring", but I've heard plenty from guys who have done the procedure and horribly regret it.
I have the same feeling with breasts inplants ! Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty