Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 08:45 PM

11 posts, read 12,531 times

Advertisements

I'm a bit tired of people telling others to just love themselves when we live in a very shallow world. Believe it or not, some of the most beautiful people have had work done (i.e., boob job, nose job, lip injections, etc).

To make a long story short, I have small breasts and I'm thinking about undergoing augmentation. I am currently a 34A; I'm interested in becoming a 34C. I'm not looking to do anything drastic, I'm doing this for myself, because at times I do lack confidence and I want to feel better.

I looked at the young lady in the below video and I believe she's right. If you don't like something, empower yourself and change it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HtwaZOELn0

She wears hair extensions and dyed her hair blonde. In addition, she also recently underwent breast augmentation. She looks fabulous and seems to be more confident than in her previous videos.

If it makes the person happy and more confident, why is it an issue? There's no reason for judgement, we can all stand to improve and it's each and every person's right to do what works best for them.

*Stepping off of my soap box...*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 08:47 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Okay, so go and spend the money to have fake parts installed you are really the only one it affects.
Are you looking for approval from random strangers or looking for someone to try and talk you out of it?
It is a personal decision to do whatever it is you want to pay to do to your body. Just don't forget you will not be young forever and neither will those new parts.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:50 PM

532 posts, read 550,280 times
I'm a pro-choice kind of guy. If my gal wanted them I would support her. I'd probably pay for them or help her too.

I'd never make her feel ashamed of what mom and dad gave her though.

Only if she really wanted them and there was no changing her mind.

I would enjoy them I think.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:07 PM

11 posts, read 12,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay, so go and spend the money to have fake parts installed you are really the only one it affects.
Are you looking for approval from random strangers or looking for someone to try and talk you out of it?
It is a personal decision to do whatever it is you want to pay to do to your body. Just don't forget you will not be young forever and neither will those new parts.
I know that I won't be young forever. But in truth, when you have small breasts, tops and dresses do not fit properly and many times, smaller breasts can be a deformity if the nipples are not perfectly centered. I know it sounds strange, but the lady in the video did a good job of explaining it.

I am not really looking for approval. I was just pointing out that there is nothing wrong with having breast augmentation, especially if it makes the person happier and more confident.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:12 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
I say "go for it". If it bugs you, you can afford to pump them babies up, then do it.

It's a terrible example for any daughters you may have, though.

The whole message behind plastic surgery is "you're not good enough as you are".

Which I for one am heartily sick of. Who wants to look like they're out of a cookie cutter? Women are beautiful small boobs, big noses, enormous butts and all.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:12 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,689,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia342134 View Post
There's no reason for judgement, we can all stand to improve and it's each and every person's right to do what works best for them.

*Stepping off of my soap box...*
Some people think focusing on improving the exterior means you lack something on the interior. Also as for improving, some "jobs" look pretty terrible. There are no guarantees of what you'll get. I don't care if people get work done (more power to you), but personally the risk, pain, cost, and most of all -mediocre outcomes still outweigh the benefits.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:33 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,991 times
I say if you have the means and you want it that bad then go for it! I'm planning on having mine done within the next few years as well.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:54 PM

3,299 posts, read 3,025,823 times
Personally I think it's better to boost one's self-confidence by doing things that improve you on the inside, such as learning how to converse intelligently, volunteering, really anything that makes you feel good at the end of the day without having to look in a mirror to feel good. If you are trying to become "more beautiful" then you are already comparing yourself to someone you think looks better than you do, and you are also, whether intentionally or not, putting down those who are "less beautiful" than you. Ultimately it seems a bit self centered.

One problem with boosting one's self-esteem through cosmetic surgery, hair extensions etc., is that eventually you will inevitably be up against someone who is younger, more beautiful, whatever. I've seen many, many women who spent their lives in the pursuit of being the best looking woman in the room, and when they get to the point where they can no longer command the attention of men because age has caught up with them (and there are always going to be telltale signs of age, no matter what or how often you get done), they become very depressed. The wrinkly grey haired ladies who have had to develop great personalities are still having the time of their lives when their counterparts who always relied on their looks for attention are sitting in the corner wondering what happened to the men who always used to gather around them.

Stop looking in the mirror and

Old 04-21-2014, 09:58 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times
Quote:
I know that I won't be young forever. But in truth, when you have small breasts, tops and dresses do not fit properly and many times, smaller breasts can be a deformity if the nipples are not perfectly centered. I know it sounds strange, but the lady in the video did a good job of explaining it.

I am not really looking for approval. I was just pointing out that there is nothing wrong with having breast augmentation, especially if it makes the person happier and more confident.
My only comment would be if your young haven't had children yet, realize your breasts do tend change size and shape after kids and age as well I was a 34 A during my HS days, during my 20's after four babies I became a 34 C, have remain that I'm 50 now.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:04 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:

Most women have issues buying off the rack clothing. Whether it be breasts being smaller, hips too wide, etc.

If you think it will make you feel happier, then yeah go for it.

Its not something I'd consider... but each to their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty