Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 02:10 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,874,701 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it's a small turnoff but not a deal breaker. As long as she's in decent shape and it's clear that she respects her body enough not to pound down whoppers and KFC I can live with a little cellulite. A type-A, ibtchy personality is the main deal breaker for me.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:11 PM

3,577 posts, read 4,507,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's easy to get rid of, with proper diet and exercise.
Crock of crap!

Old 04-18-2014, 02:39 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yes. Have you ever seen a chubby Asian girl or one with a sturdy build? 90% are apple shaped, they gain in their mid sections and have a wider back and shoulders. Small hips and thinner or muscular legs. Typical Asians builds are slim hipped.

Traditional eating patterns and lifestyles keep them slimmer. Genetics minimizes cellulite since they don't gain much below the waist.

By the same token most apple shaped ladies, even larger ones, do not have cellulite at all. They have a weight buffer much much much higher than people with hippier builds. Hippy women have zero buffer for cellulite. Probably 15-18% body fat.
I have very little cellulite. I never have. I did, however, get wicked stretch marks from being pregnant. Go figure.

I have an hourglass sort of a shape.

I'm not thin, either. I'm on the high side of average, maybe?

Old 04-18-2014, 04:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I have very little cellulite. I never have. I did, however, get wicked stretch marks from being pregnant. Go figure.

I have an hourglass sort of a shape.

I'm not thin, either. I'm on the high side of average, maybe?
I think the big takeaway is cellulite comes in all sizes. But it usually "helps" to store your weight below the waist if you are going to get it. If your mom doesn't have it. You likely won't get it. Some people are in denial about the idea there is enough exercise in the universe to be rid of it.

Personally, I got stretch marks and cellulite with puberty. (My mom has cellulite and she was a skinny minnie through most of adulthood.) YMMV.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:41 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think the big takeaway is cellulite comes in all sizes. But it usually "helps" to store your weight below the waist if you are going to get it. If your mom doesn't have it. You likely won't get it. Some people are in denial about the idea there is enough exercise in the universe to be rid of it.

Personally, I got stretch marks and cellulite with puberty. (My mom has cellulite and she was a skinny minnie through most of adulthood.) YMMV.
Me too. I hit puberty and all of a sudden....stretch marks and cellulite. I still have them even though I'm slim and fit.

Genetics.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:43 PM

541 posts, read 860,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
Crock of crap!
I agree. Diet and exercise are nice for staying healthy but do nothing for cellulite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Me too. I hit puberty and all of a sudden....stretch marks and cellulite. I still have them even though I'm slim and fit.

Genetics.
Yep, thin and muscular have no effect on cellulite either. Definitely genetics.

Last edited by Tantamount; 04-18-2014 at 08:09 PM..

Old 04-18-2014, 07:47 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,574 times
I wonder how many who are saying exercise "does nothing for cellulite" actually work HARD on a consistent basis in the gym (ie, heavy lower body iron work, metabolic conditioning/HIIT, etc) vs just being tv watching cardio bunnies who give up after a month after seeing no results....

Old 04-18-2014, 07:57 PM

541 posts, read 860,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This.

Yep. It really is genetic. There are "fat" people who pretty much have no cellulite. How can this be if cellulite occurs because one is "fat?"

Ahhh. Yes. Because it is genetic!
I have seen in the Summertime and at the Gym women who are very large with no cellulite on their thighs! None! And yet these same women would be considered obese by many folks. Rolls of fat, but no cellulite! Amazes me every time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I wonder how many who are saying exercise "does nothing for cellulite" actually work HARD on a consistent basis in the gym (ie, heavy lower body iron work, metabolic conditioning/HIIT, etc) vs just being tv watching cardio bunnies who give up after a month after seeing no results....

Go back to the first few pages and look at the pictures and story link Jade408 posted. Being thin, using cardio and weight lifting for years doesn't have a real effect on it because it's Genetic.

Last edited by Tantamount; 04-18-2014 at 08:12 PM..

Old 04-18-2014, 08:10 PM

686 posts, read 1,230,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantamount View Post
I agree. Diet and exercise are nice for staying healthy but do nothing for cellulite.
I completely disagree with the bolded part. Maybe that's what the ladies say at Curves, Planet Fitness or the Jazzercise class before bingo. But people who are into healthy eating and working out know better.

I have had many clients that I have personally trained, and have known quite a few women who were able to eliminate their cellulite by EATING right and working out HARD. Maybe you just didn't work out hard enough, or you kept eating a crappy diet.

I CAN be controlled and eliminated with proper eating and diet. I know this from EXPERIENCE with many people, not just from googling and regurgitating random articles written by obese women who are just trying to make themselves feel better.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:57 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
Lot of ignorant ASSumptions in this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty