Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 01:30 PM

46 posts, read 51,557 times

Advertisements

Hilarious post. Thanks for making me smile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 06:16 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,813,270 times
I think for guys being better looking is better, whereas beautiful women just seem to get so much **** and too much attention...

Old 04-06-2014, 07:35 AM

262 posts, read 547,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
There are no pro's to being ugly.
My ugliness repelled me from shallow jerks who would just want to use me, and gained me genuine friends.

Ugly Duckling swag....

Get hot, and then rub it in there face on what they should of taken a chance on.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I think for guys being better looking is better, whereas beautiful women just seem to get so much **** and too much attention...
Being a beautiful woman is a curse.

Yay, you're not ugly.

Nay, everyone either hates you or is oddly obsessed with you.
  • Insecure women will ruin EVERYTHING for you. They'll try to defame you to every degree.
  • Insecure men will accuse you of being stuck up if you don't even glance at them.
  • People will try to sabotage your beauty by trying to fatten you up, or convince you to dress down, not fix up your hair.
  • You're an object.
I think men just like the idea of a beautiful women, when one is actually available, they never seem to know what to do with her. Especially if she's confident in herself, some will try to knock her down a few pegs, and catch her when she's most vulnerable.

Average chicks are just overall easier to approach.

Basically when you're a hot woman, you HAVE to be nice to everyone--like ugly people. No one likes b*tchy ugmos because you're ugly, you should be doing everything you can to appear good. B*tchy hot people can get away with some of the time, but eventually the "hot b*tch" label will be bestowed upon them.

I don't know how average looking arseholes play out, might be a 50/50 thing.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:00 AM

255 posts, read 407,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
My ugliness repelled me from shallow jerks who would just want to use me, and gained me genuine friends.

Ugly Duckling swag....

Get hot, and then rub it in there face on what they should of taken a chance on.
You've had better luck than me then. So far I've found nothing good about it. I do have genuine friends, but that can happen to anyone. One of my best friends is gorgeous, and she has genuine friends including me. I've been there for her since we were fourteen years old, and I'll continue to be there for her no matter what. I do dress well and I am thin and everything, but my face is masculine looking. So it can be insulting when people say I look like a guy even though I am clearly dressed up in girls clothes and I have long hair.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:20 AM

17,538 posts, read 39,160,131 times
Was this a satire piece? Thought it was hilarious.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:48 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Don't know, I was raised to never be average in anything.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:53 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
The only reason why some people think attractive people (specifically women) are dumb, is because of hot girls that do the dumb girl act.

You see, being smart is good. Being hot is also good, but the two combined isn't (unless you have a penis)You have become even more intimidating. You are smart, and you are hot, thus for some men will think you are waaaay too good for them (male ego, yo).
Precisely. I've come across men who were intimidated by me, and women as well. It's assumed that one who is attractive must also be lacking in grey matter. Some were not so intimidated, but indeed surprised to find a woman who fits into a certain niche. For instance, back when I was in the dating scene, the moment potential dates discovered I was into PC gaming, fantasy and sci-fi conventions, all things sci-fi, fantasy, and superhero related, and heavily into academics, they were shocked. The same for those I associated with in the gaming community once I revealed myself. Because, ya know, attractive women can't be into such things, though statistically it's true that there are far more men into these hobbies and interests than women.

In the dating scene the intimidation and sheer surprise was even more apparent. However, that I've noticed, being attractive and intelligent and educated has benefited me more than not because, as I've been told, it's not a common find, at least not my "kind" or those that fall within a similar niche. I've intimidated past partners, though unknowingly. They just hadn't come across someone that impressed them to the point of intimidation. An example, just to avoid the "You're so vain, arrogant and condescending!" argument. There are certain subjects or interests that I'm into, well adept at, and those I have dated have also been into said subjects. It revolves around current events, religion and politics. All of my more recent partners have been involved or passionate about skepticism, progressive-thinking/politics, etc. There were many discussions involving religion and current events that left them in awe due to my level and breadth of knowledge on the subject (I study comparative religion, philosophy and humanities). As someone here said via reputation, during a past debate, logic is hot. Yes, it is. And many are intimidated by it, be it man or woman.

So, it stands to reason that someone who possesses a certain knowledge about X subject can potentially intimidate someone who does not possess the same knowledge. It just so happens that the majority of people I associate with actually have a vested interest in such subjects where possessing that knowledge is something to be valued and admired.

Others were intimidated by the fact that I knew a sh*t-ton about fantasy and sci-fi, more than they did. Oh the horror! My husband is pretty damn smart. He was an engineering major in college. He has a liking for math and elementary logic, and yet he expressed early on that he was a bit intimidated by me because, as he says, I'm "the whole package."

Old 04-08-2014, 12:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
There are no pro's to being ugly.
This is true. The ugly have it worse than the average, who (maybe) have it worse than the attractive. Nothing at all that is good about being ugly.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
This is true. The ugly have it worse than the average, who (maybe) have it worse than the attractive. Nothing at all that is good about being ugly.
If you have a daughter and she's ugly, at least you'll know their won't be any teenage pregnancies.

See, there are plenty of pros.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty