Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 AM

38 posts, read 41,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
My wife told me in the mall that little girl is wearing UGGs. I replied, yea they're not very good looking boots. So she said they are expensive as well and showed me they are atleast $100-250 for some.

Gotta be the most overpriced and ugliest boots I've ever seen. Not even sure they are really weather proof by the looks of the design.
Yes...they are ugly. I checked on the weatherproof factor for Uggs...not good. They are designed to look like they would be warm. I live in a climate where it gets down to 30 below zero in the winter. There are sites where you can check on how warm your boots are. Uggs did not rate well. I have boots that keep my feet warm to 30 below. People don't buy Uggs for the warmth factor though. They buy them to be in style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 09:27 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,288,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swestey View Post
People don't buy Uggs for the warmth factor though. They buy them to be in style.

No, plenty of people buy them for warmth. But most people don't need to keep their feet warm to 30 below.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:54 AM

41 posts, read 96,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
They were originally Australian hillbilly shoes that surfers made popular to the rest of the world.
LOL this makes it even funnier to me. Wow!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:20 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,769,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Any woman's shoes under $400 are a bargain. I rarely see my wife look at anything cheaper than that.
Too bad for you. I can't imagine how much she spend on purses and bags.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:36 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,163,503 times
I love Uggs. In fact I was just looking at some online. They are comfortable. I live in CA and they are perfect for our weather. My favorites are the tall boot bailey bow.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:30 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,420,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
My wife told me in the mall that little girl is wearing UGGs. I replied, yea they're not very good looking boots. So she said they are expensive as well and showed me they are atleast $100-250 for some.

Gotta be the most overpriced and ugliest boots I've ever seen. Not even sure they are really weather proof by the looks of the design.
I agree. IMO, they are absolutely ugly. Such poor taste. Tacky and classless. But they're popular now, reflecting a tacky period of fashion that rivals the 70s.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:09 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,771,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateaboo View Post
LOL this makes it even funnier to me. Wow!
Ya it cracks me up that people think they are fashionable.

My students will sometimes see me at the local sleven salty, sandy and ugg footed and think I am trying to be "trendy", and I don't even tell them that my uggs are older than they are.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:22 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,437,263 times
I love my UGG Rommy boots, they are the only boot that keeps my feet as warm as my ULU's and they look very stylish. DH has a pair of UGG Wrangell boots, he wears them for work and not only do they keep his feet toasty warm but under his dress pants they look like business shoes. With the snow and cold temps we've had this year they have served him well.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:50 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,288,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I agree. IMO, they are absolutely ugly. Such poor taste. Tacky and classless. But they're popular now, reflecting a tacky period of fashion that rivals the 70s.
I don't understand what's so tacky and classless about them. They're just boots.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,839,702 times
I have problems with my feet keeping warm so bought a pair of these because I heard they keep feet warm. I am not a person who buys a lot of name brands or is into fashion. I also felt these were not my style at all. Anyhow yes they help keep your feet warm but they have no support.
There are some people who do like the fashion of these shoes but also some who just buy them because of the name Uggs. When people buy boots they don't usually say the name like they do with Uggs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty