Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 03:57 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,945,234 times

Advertisements

Yes they will notice. Distract attention from the face by bodybuilding, a lot of women will overlook facial flaws for a muscular athletic body. Not so much for the average build or overweight/underweight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 06:19 PM

541 posts, read 862,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guawazi View Post
Do women notice minor skin issues on a guy's face (scars, etc.) and does it take away from attractiveness, or do they mostly care about facial structure?
If you have other attractive attributes, then most likely the women will ignore a few bad ones and notice the good ones. In other words, don't let a scar or acne keep you from trying to ask someone out because it might be more of a big deal to you then to someone else.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,912,119 times
I have a friend that has a huge scar on her forehead from a car accident in her youth. She gets all the guys ogling her.It's in your head.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,245 times
Yes women notice the minute details of your skin but do not only judge you on your attractiveness, you need intelligence too.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:17 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,876,410 times
Scarring doesn't detract for me. It can actually sometimes contribute to a ruggedly attractive look.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:26 AM

421 posts, read 677,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Acne is something than can be fixed and prevented if you put in enough effort. For some people, it takes no effort at all (We all know someone who eats junk food and never showers and has perfect-looking skin all the time). For me, it takes a perfect routine to avoid getting zits. I have to avoid drinking coffee, have to use a new pillow sheet every other night, have to avoid sugary or greasy foods, have to be careful not to get stressed, can't ever touch my face, etc.

Anyhow, the biggest ladies' man I ever knew had a few small zits all the time, so I think that complexion doesn't matter factor in very much to your attractiveness to females as long as you don't have a pizza face. More important is your height, hair and facial bone structure.
Obviously there are more variables at play such as charisma. That being said, acne is a cures; it's way worse than being fat because acne scars are very hard to get rid of, but fat people can just diet until they lose weight.

Short version: Charisma>Looks

Old 03-09-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I have a friend that has a huge scar on her forehead from a car accident in her youth. She gets all the guys ogling her.It's in your head.
Many guys don't spend much time looking at facial features whilst ogling.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Yes they will notice. Distract attention from the face by bodybuilding, a lot of women will overlook facial flaws for a muscular athletic body. Not so much for the average build or overweight/underweight.
BB+Acne=Steroids

Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,641,183 times
I'm a guy who had severe cystic acne and who now has scars from it. I think they make me look cool to be honest, they mirror each other on both sides of my face so there's a balance (kind of funny how that happened), plus they make my facial hair look cool (create some separation between my cheek hair and my moustache/chin hair). My collagen has been working it's magic over the last few years (yay for being young), they are slowly but surely getting smoother/fading.

Women don't seem to care, if anything it's a positive. Biggest hurdle was letting myself believe that, I was pretty convinced I was ugly incarnate and I've since come a long way in self confidence/acceptance, which has done wonders with regards to the women as well.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:48 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,307,619 times
I would notice if a man did not have any skin at all, other than that I probably would not think anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty