Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies: Whats your thought when a guy shops in the womans section
He is gay/transgender 5 7.04%
He is insane 0 0%
He is buying something for his wife, Girlfriend or daughter 56 78.87%
None of the Above 10 14.08%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 12:20 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,873,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Suppose you saw a guy shopping for clothes in the women's section, what thoughts go through your mind.
  1. He is gay or a transgender
  2. He is insane
  3. Perhaps he is buying something for his girlfriend, wife, or daughter.
  4. None of the above
Also, what's so odd with men shopping in the womens section.
Oh, I somehow missed the most logical answer, he's buying a gift. My immediate thought was "He's lost".

Not sure where you got the idea it's odd. Now, if he was sweating profusely, with eyes darting around, then yea, I'd say it was odd. And I'd report him. Or if he was stroking the fabric and rubbing it against his body. I'd say it was odd and report him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 12:34 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,248,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Oh, I somehow missed the most logical answer, he's buying a gift. My immediate thought was "He's lost".

Not sure where you got the idea it's odd. Now, if he was sweating profusely, with eyes darting around, then yea, I'd say it was odd. And I'd report him. Or if he was stroking the fabric and rubbing it against his body. I'd say it was odd and report him.
Hmmm, now you've got me all nervous....maybe I should be watching the women more carefully that are in the men's underwear section pawing through the merchandise. Are they sweating, darting eyes, stroking, rubbing...it would make a great scene in a Woody Allen flick.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:48 AM

5,040 posts, read 3,350,298 times
Buying something for S/O , wife, daughter, mom , female relative etc . My S/O shops for nightgowns etc when I am in hospital.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:17 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,873,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Hmmm, now you've got me all nervous....maybe I should be watching the women more carefully that are in the men's underwear section pawing through the merchandise. Are they sweating, darting eyes, stroking, rubbing...it would make a great scene in a Woody Allen flick.

You definitely should be on the lookout!

Old 01-17-2014, 05:54 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,836,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Just don't buy womens panties. Its not a good look.
Quote:
That's one section I would never ever visit . I freeze up and weaken on touching a woman's undergarment at all times.
Why. They want your money, period. If you look shifty and scared people will think you are a weirdo. Just man up. Ive bought my wife bras and panties alone on several occasions. As soon as you walk in to that section or one of those stores the clerks will hit you up to help you. I tell them what I want and they do all the handling.

In and out.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:55 PM

2 posts, read 940 times
its e. none of your business why their shopping in the womens section. i shop in the mens section all the time. what about it?

Old 05-01-2019, 11:51 PM

6,321 posts, read 4,232,904 times
Quote:
One day during the holiday season, my uncle wanted to gift his daughter her favorite apparel and he was stared at like a weirdo while shopping in the women's section, mostly by other women. They looked at him as if he was an alien who didnt belong in this world. This begs me to ask the question. Suppose you saw a guy shopping for clothes in the women's section, what thoughts go through your mind.
  1. He is gay or a transgender
  2. He is insane
  3. Perhaps he is buying something for his girlfriend, wife, or daughter.
  4. None of the above
Also, what's so odd with men shopping in the womens section. Women shop in the mens section to buy stuff for their Husbands or sons.
Nothing! I’m too busy looking for what I need and have no time to think about why others are there also.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:49 AM

15,221 posts, read 10,387,232 times
I don't think anything about it. Maybe he's shopping for a wife/girlfriend, maybe he's a drag queen or transvestite. Unless someone is doing something outrageous I mind my own business while I'm shopping.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:05 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,407,222 times
Well, if I were to buy something for my wife, there's little to no chance it would be mistaken for something I was buying for myself. Our sizes are far too different.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:41 PM

1,517 posts, read 998,413 times
I think, yeah, a guy is shopping in the women's department. Maybe he's shopping for somebody else, maybe he's there for himself. He obviously has a reason or he wouldn't be there. So what? Women shop in the men's department all the time and the sun still rises in the east every day. NOYFB, it doesn't affect your quality or standard of living any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty