Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 04:24 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
a Lesbian! a butch one too!
my husband picked out a couple of polo shirts fro me and whenever i wear them i feel like a lesbian. it's the strangest thing! now i dont actually start craving women but i dont feel attractive AT all. i especially feel butch if i pair the polo with jeans and i absolutely CANNOT add tennis shoes to this ensemble because then i feel like....yep, there's no mistakin it..........she's a lesbian allright! (this is what i picture people saying about me if i wear the combo of polo, jeans, and sneakers).
so i thought hmmm, maybe if i wear more makeup and jewelry with my polo shirts then i will feel better!! but, still i feel butch. (please dont think im saying that butch lesbians are unattractive but it is just not me.) i am now beginning to suspect that my husband chose these polos for me so that i wouldnt attract any attention from men. any advice about feminizing a polo shirt or combining it with something to make it less butch? if you dont help me then i'll have to burn them.
Listen, i have nothing against butch lesbians but since i am not one i dont want to LOOK like one! (this comment is for anyone who was offended)
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
Quote:
youre right as long as i wear a pocket protector also (that holds my protractor) snort snort .
belt AND (?) Suspenders-hillarious
LOL!! Okay I had to picture it-- that would be a scary look on anyone!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:54 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
I say we have a polo bonfire! who's with me!
I believe a bonfire ceremony should be called to order. Polo+Women= DISASTER

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

unless your playing golf I think

Old 12-02-2007, 04:08 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
my husband picked out a couple of polo shirts fro me and whenever i wear them i feel like a lesbian.
I don't like them, either. And what business does your hubby have picking your clothes anyway...?!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:22 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Listen, i have nothing against butch lesbians but since i am not one i dont want to LOOK like one! (this comment is for anyone who was offended)
Maybe a polo can cover that crack

Old 01-08-2008, 10:26 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
I say we have a polo bonfire! who's with me!
I say amen to that!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:31 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
Or....you could cut off the sleeves, crop it, tie it in a knot in the front, wear it with daisy dukes and boots. I can almost guarantee that he will never buy you another one.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:15 PM

498 posts, read 1,520,396 times
Lightbulb I Know! I Know!

Quote:
my husband picked out a couple of polo shirts fro me and whenever i wear them i feel like a lesbian. it's the strangest thing! now i dont actually start craving women but i dont feel attractive AT all. i especially feel butch if i pair the polo with jeans and i absolutely CANNOT add tennis shoes to this ensemble because then i feel like....yep, there's no mistakin it..........she's a lesbian allright! (this is what i picture people saying about me if i wear the combo of polo, jeans, and sneakers).
so i thought hmmm, maybe if i wear more makeup and jewelry with my polo shirts then i will feel better!! but, still i feel butch. (please dont think im saying that butch lesbians are unattractive but it is just not me.) i am now beginning to suspect that my husband chose these polos for me so that i wouldnt attract any attention from men. any advice about feminizing a polo shirt or combining it with something to make it less butch? if you dont help me then i'll have to burn them.
Ask Dr. Phil and Ellen!!! RIght?? They are people who would know about polo shirts and lesbians. I love Ellen. You do remind me alot of her. You make me laugh with all that mystical charm and wit of yours. Nope, I am not a lesbian but I do know some. I also know some gay guys too.
No, my honey is the opposite sex. Ok, well nico, theres your answer in my opinion on polo shirts and lesbians.

By the way, I am getting scorned on your behalf, have you noticed? I guess you aren't the hatedest person no more.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-08-2008, 11:24 PM

498 posts, read 1,520,396 times
Lightbulb Unite

Quote:
maybe i will get used to them? maybe they look great on me and i dont realize it. we all know that that happens lots!

Hey nico, it is my understanding that a polo shirt may be a hint that the person is more than likely wealthy some. Right?? Maybe?!? Ok, well the little girl from Detroit needs classy, wealthy, fashionable clothes, right?? so that she can attract a wealthy man or men, soooooooo why don't you ship them to her!! Am I good or what>> Ok, that was my 2 cents for now.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE

Old 01-09-2008, 07:47 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,212,794 times
Did you try wearing the collar up? Then maybe you would feel like you are doing the 80's retro look? Did ya try shrinking them so they fit skin tight?

I think I am leaning towards Unite's suggestion to send em to the girl in Detroit. She needs all the help she can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty