Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 05:31 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,575,198 times

Advertisements

I have heard it said that most of us wear 20% of the clothes we have 80% of the time. Do you find this to be true? I think it is for me, but maybe more like i wear 30% of my clothes 70% of the time. I am trying to only buy something that I love when trying it on but sometimes things end up not feeling great and comfortable or the color chosen doesn't go with lots of things I already have.. Anyway it's an interesting concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 11:46 AM

28,226 posts, read 37,030,879 times
I've got seasons of clothing. I'll go through a phase where I keep wearing a certain subset of items. Then they are "retired" and I wear another subset.

Right now I have been a little obsessed with black and white paired with bright pink. I think last week, or the week before, I ended up doing some variation of that for half of the week! Ooops, I am doing it today with a zebra print shift dress and a pink cardigan.

In a few weeks, who knows, I might be back to color blocking with orange or pink with cobalt blue.

But somehow, I am spur obsessed with pink cardigans. I have 4 of them, all regularly in the rotation. (I ended up with 4 because I had to find a replacement for my favorite one that got a small hole in it, since it is pending retirement. It became a staple, so I knew I needed to find another.)

Old 11-18-2013, 12:55 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,632,260 times
Yes, I definitely wear 20% of my clothes 80% of the time. I swear I'm going to clean out my closet and get rid of all those things I pass over each time I decide what to wear. My favorite clothes are my jeans in the winter and Japanese gardening pants in the summer. Those and a million different tops will do me just fine.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:06 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,273,233 times
I try to keep my clothes on rotation, but end up wearing 55 % of my clothes 90 % of the time. The other 45 % are usually not worn unless circumstances demand it. My favorite is a Scarlet red plaid polo with dark blue Calvin Klein jeans, white sneakers, and a black sleeveless undershirt.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:33 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,474,494 times
I am sure it is true for me. I really don't have all that many clothes, though.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:10 PM

632 posts, read 936,783 times
For me it's a long sleeve Henley tshirt in black, gray or blue (with a blue or gray hoodie when it's cold), khaki cargo shorts or basketball shorts (or gray or black sweat pants when it's cold), and Nike running shoes.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:03 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,105,073 times
Right now I'm in love with my Hue corduroy leggings - I have them in many colors and can dress them up or down. Love them and am reaching for them almost every day. I like that I can wear them with tunic sweaters, long wool blazers, denim shirt under a boat neck or v-neck pull-over sweater, a down vest and long turtleneck....cute flats, leather booties...so cute.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:32 PM

12,854 posts, read 15,157,765 times
I agree. My usual "uniform" seems to be jeans w/ a nice (black or grey) t-shirt or top & Skechers flats. I've gained some weight, so I'm in a rut. I want to wear the other 80% of what I have.

I've gotten into the habit of buying about unteen different styles of BLACK tops because black is the most flattering when you're not the slimmest.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:38 PM

7,340 posts, read 12,446,244 times
My usual clothes are IZOD Advantage Polos or Windward Interlock Polos. The ones I wear most frequently are the Fairy Tale pink ones.

For more special occasions, I wear some IZOD button-downs, such as the Pelican Print Newport Oxford or either one of my Premium Essentials Natural Stretch shirts (one of them being a gingham and the other having a blue plaid pattern), all three of which are also Fairy Tale pink.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:45 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,356,476 times
It seems to me that I wear some things more often in one season, then when that season rolls around again, I tend to wear other things more often. I am trying to donate things I have not worn in several years though.

I tend to favor certain coats in different cold seasons too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty